Search

Ritz Tours

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2001, 11:03 AM
Don

Ritz Tours

Has anyone taken a Ritz Tour to China? We are taking the 15 day tour (5day yangtze cruise) tour this summer and have a number of questions. <BR> <BR>If you have taken other Ritz tours I would appreciate you evaluation. <BR> <BR>thank you <BR> <BR>Don

Old May 8th, 2001, 11:20 AM
guest user

We will be going on Ritz's 14 day China Scenic tour in June. I'll post a report when I get back. Dunno, reports on Ritz seem to indicate some deterioration in service since 2000. Past postings on them were more positive than recent ones. Lets cross our fingers.

Old May 11th, 2001, 02:50 PM
cynthia

Don: <BR> <BR>We, too, are going to China, and considered Ritz as two friends and their son just travelled with them to Beijing/Xian/Shanghai. They were WELL satisfied (although the hotel in Xian was a little below par. . .but there are not many choices in Xian). <BR> <BR>We are actually travelling with Pacific Delight Tours, as their dates of travel and itinerary matched our requirements better than Ritz. <BR> <BR>But, you should do well with Ritz! <BR> <BR>Happy Travels! <BR>Cynthia

Old May 12th, 2001, 12:18 PM
e

we just got back from our ritz tour. the further away from it we get, the better the trip has become. we enjoyed almost everything,except the way we were minipulated in the final days to spend more money in the shops they brought us to. all the hotels were 5star, we were treated royally by the staff at each, and the food for the most part was more than acceptable, especially the final banquet. <BR>

Old May 12th, 2001, 02:51 PM
Ed

Hi Don, <BR> For first time visitors to China it is one of the better tour for the value of your money. I took my family last year during the labor day week for a 9 days/seven nights 4 cities tours. All the hotels were 5 stars status. The tour guide will start and end the tour with you. At each destination your tour guide will coordinate with a local tour guide to faciliate your visit. Whenever possible buy bottle water from a store instead of a street vendor. Enjoy your tour.

Old May 13th, 2001, 02:00 PM
Don

This message is from a different Don. Haven't done a Ritz tour but did a 21 day Pacific Delight Tour. Only 10 in our group and we couldn't have been more pleased with everything - Guides, food, hotels, etc.