rhkkmk....help plzzzzz

Search

rhkkmk....help plzzzzz

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rhkkmk....help plzzzzz

ok bob....i took your advise...got on huahin.20.com to book the marriott for 3 nites, 2 rooms but when i click on "book".....it locks up my computer.

i do not have dsl as i live in the rainforest...
any suggestions??? i may go into town to an internet cafe and see if that helps.

you are right...cant take $$$ with you and i do want to impress my new s-n-l and the marriott is the way to do it. thanks again
Old Aug 26th, 2005, 11:52 AM

dive
how much memory do you have on your computer? usually if a site locks up it's because you don't have enough ram or memory. you may have to use another computer.
Aloha!
Old Aug 26th, 2005, 12:08 PM

Does it lock up your computer or your browser?

You probably don't have to use another computer, just use another browser like FireFox. If your using Internet Exploer (IE), it locks up *all* the time with certain sites. Many foreign sites don't clean up their HTML and IE doesn't like that.

I'm planning a trip and most of the India train/plane sites freeze up IE, but not Firefox.
Old Aug 26th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Original Poster

i am on an imac....it lock up the browser...
i just had my computer guru install firefox...still doesnot work....

can anyone see if the site will go past the first page of the booking process...maybe its the site, not my computer

what i am attempting to do is book 2 rooms
in the first time category (before oct 31)
then i go to book....and the page begins to
load.....then nothing....

if all else fails, i will go to an internet cafe...
Old Aug 26th, 2005, 02:47 PM

divediva,
I was able to choose the Marriott, selected 2 rooms, and chose the first time slot. When I clicked Book online, it took me to the booking page. It seems to be working...good luck!
Old Aug 26th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Original Poster

thank you peterson...
i am having my daugher book for us (me paying of course)...she has roadrunner...much mo betta...
thanks all
and we will be enjoying the bangkok marriott again!!!!

p.s...where was bob when i needed him...
i was there for him when he threatened suicide!!!???!!!
Old Aug 26th, 2005, 05:20 PM

That happens to me sometimes..I use 2 browsers..Internet Explorer and Opera..Some things work on one, but not the other. Also, if you have something running (such as Ad-watch) you have to turn it off before you can get into certain sites..
Old Aug 26th, 2005, 06:11 PM

i am here...never fear...just not when you need me...i am so glad you had a problem!!!! i have them all the time with damn computers...shows we are over 30/40 and still with the program... we are far too logical to deal with computers!!!

hope it works for you....you know the ropes at marriott so it will be easy for you...return visitor...wait until you see the new breakfast room...they did a nice job...after i left they redid the bakery area so i do not know what you will find there...

i also find that asia sites work strangely sometimes...maybe what boston harbor says is the key....i still cannot get air asia to work for me...i'd rather pay a higher fare anyways...
Old Aug 26th, 2005, 07:48 PM

dive
i also got all the way through and i have ie as my browser...hope all works out for you. do you live upcountry(rainforest)? if so, i envy you, god's country..a hui hou!!
Old Aug 26th, 2005, 08:18 PM

I have a powerbook (MAC0 and i just tried opening the site up with Safari and it just says "safari can't find server". I then went too applications and chose Internet Exporer and after 2 tries it did open the site.
Old Aug 26th, 2005, 08:24 PM

thankfully Im nossey and checked out the post even it was just ment for RHKNK...

I think many people reallly miss out on some usefull diverse info when they just seek out one or 2 fodorites for help..
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 05:23 AM

orgy7
And the good news is, none of us minds if the others jump in on a conversation with helpful information!
Carol

(ready for Ming's chili at Brunswick in about 4 weeks??? I'll be there!)
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 05:59 AM

simpson.. your coimming back to town, COOL. when?
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 06:08 AM

I'm arriving late night on Sept 21 and will be in BKK until Oct 4 (just under two weeks). Will probably be staying at the Omni again (soi 4, just down from Brunswick). There will be 6 in our traveling group this time. All but one are "oldies in BKK" and we have a newbie who we know will love it and become another regular!! We want to go to Phuket for a 2 night stay. Are you seeing any deals in the BKK post???

Carol
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 01:58 PM

Bob said, "after i left they redid the bakery area ...". What exactly, did you DO to make them have to redo it?
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 05:48 PM

ate, ate, ate....and then ate some more...their pastries, etc are just fabulous.....

looked fine to me when i left...don't understand why it needed a re-do...???

maybe to get it ready for divediva and her clan..?? or for orgy for his swimming lessons in the kiddy pool???
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 06:06 PM

dive---how did it work out????????????/
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Original Poster

it just does not end.........i got the reservation confirmed ( i think ) at least i tried....
the reservation site emailed me and i gave my credit card info...pressed send...it said processing...then boom...my internet connection quit... damn.....so i dont know if it processed or how to find out...

bob , you are so right...i just expect the computer to work...i am not a computer geek by anymeans...or a backpacker....and my age bracket just increased to another decade...and get this...i now qualify for aarp...but its all good.....

when we were at the marriott last october,
the upper lobby was under renovation, the breakfast area was past the bakery in the open outside lanai. and it was delicious...
but the hotel was still wonderful

and yes orgy...you are so right...i should have just put out the request for help to everyone ...

.and

to all that helped...we always welcome all (or almost all...where is spygirl by the way) input, suggestions, recommendations and
experiences...that is what makes this site our favorite!!!!!!!

hawaiian traveller...i live near kahakaloa
on the backside of the west maui mountains..waterfalls on each side of my land...incredible unobstructed ocean views looking toward haleakala....lucky me......

carol...we just had the 3rd change of plans and are also looking at phuket for a week...my daughter does not want to take the ferry to koh phi phi...she is pregnant and nearly lost it last year on the ferry to koh phang nan ....so....any suggestions??
i start my quest for info on phuket...
to the threads.....
Old Aug 28th, 2005, 06:27 AM

divediva
Your location on Maui sounds awesome. I'm soooooo jealous!

About Phuket... my favorite area is Kata Beach, which is located in the "southwestern" (?) corner of the island. If you look at a map, you will note 3 beach inlets in that corner. They are Patong, Karon, and Kata. Just below Kata is Kata Noi. It is also a nice smaller beach.

I have only stayed at Mom Tri's Boat House and also their private Villa Royale suites. I am looking at prices for September and don't really see a very dramatic price reduction for the low season. Darn! We stayed at Villa Royale a couple of times during the peak holiday season ($400+/night) and LOVED it more than I can explain. What a pampering and peaceful experience!!!I could do it annually, if it weren't so darned expensive!!! I hope we can stay in a big villa and divvy up the cost amongst our group members, depending on how many want to go to Phuket this time. We shall see... Here's hoping!!

Anyway, for this Sept, we may just go back to the Boat House once again, at about 5000 baht per night, or we may try the new villa suites next door to Villa Royale, that just opened last fall (just before tsunami) for about the same price. We'll see what our BKK travel agent/tailor/friend can do for us this time. We don't make any plans or reservations until we get to BKK.

Would not advise your daughter to take the boat to Phi Phi, no matter now beautiful the location is. The water can be quite choppy on the ride from Phuket. If I recall correctly, the boat trip is about 1 1/2 hours?? If I am wrong, someone will jump in here. It was back in 2001 that we made the trip there. Gorgeous location!!!

I have never spent a whole week on Phuket, as usually 4 days will do it for me. I can only do so much vegging out! We have not rented a vehicle for driving around the island, but just might opt for that this trip. We've always spent our time around Kata and that area of the island. It might be fun to drive around for a day and have a look! Kata has shopping, dining (the best is at the Boat House!!) and beach hotels. There is always Patong for more shopping, parasailing, night life, etc. We did an elephant ride between Karon and Patong. It was a very short 30 minute ride but enough to let us know that it not something we want to do for a longer ride!!! LOL

You might take a look at the La Meridien. We had lunch there one day. Very nice, modern, private beach, dining on the grounds. You could really just stay there and not venture out!!

Is your trip for October?

Carol
Old Aug 28th, 2005, 01:01 PM

dive--i think you did samui last year?? if not how about it...peace resort would be perfect for you or the new baan bophut.....

also how about hua hin or jotiem beach?? both are car rides from bkk??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -