rhkkmk - could you help Dianas ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob, being the great kind soul that you are could give Dianas an email into to Eddy at Seatours? ( Message Go or Not to Go Rain ) as Dianas will be wanting to sort some cheap price tickets to HKG and Vietnam from BKK. My staff do all the dealings for me and their is weird protocol involved(!X!?X!),
also Dianas was aksing about the Hua Hin Marriott, though the Anantara and Sofitel have also been suggested.

Thanks Bob
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Original Poster

Sorry meant to type email "intro" so Dianas gets as good service as you got from Eddy.
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 07:12 PM

eddie is at: [email protected] was very helpful to us and even called us after we had our tickets to tell me that a flight time had changed...

www.seatorusthai.com is their web site..

marriott...the hua hin one is family orientated to some degree but we were there by ourselves and did not find the kids to be a problem...

the bkk marriott resort and spa while outside the downtown area is a perfect distance from the hub-bub to make it nice....the boat takes 15 minutes to the skytrain and is a wonderful ride even in the rain...it runs every 15 minutes all day---6am-11pm i think...

i would not stay any other place if i had not been to bkk before unless it was the peninsula or the shangri-la, botrh of which i have stayed at before..

bob

james---missed seeing you
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 07:13 PM

i did not proofread it is: www.seatoursthai.com
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Original Poster

I'm working from Jomtien Beach now, I can look out of the window whilst working and see the ocean!!
Old Jul 7th, 2004, 04:10 AM

You two are great!!! I cant believe you guys spend all this time helping me. You can be assured that I am following every single advise you are giving me. You are great!!!!!!!!!
AS you might now I was able to extend our stay and return from BKK -- We are deciding how to make the best out of those days.... I am reading the report to see if BALi is an option for us....

ALL MY BEST TO YOU TWO.

DIANA
Old Jul 7th, 2004, 10:30 AM

james---i have a friend who is moving to bkk on a retired persons visa to be with his girlfriend....you know the routine...

he is looking at the jotiem beach area to settle down...

can you make some suggestions which i can pass along to him, re: housing, neighborhoods, etc...thanks

bob
Old Jul 8th, 2004, 02:29 AM
Original Poster

Jomtien Beach is convenient for Bangkok, just over 1hr 30 on the expressway. First advice is don't buy anything to start with until he gets to know his way around ( I still learn something every day!). Conods are nice but after a while they feel restrictive, a good idea if he wants to get something is to buy a condo ( $10k-20k USD ) and just leave it there, this gives him an 'investment', but for actual living a house is much better, $300-400 will get him a nice place but do 'rent' as buying a place can have all sorts of problems. He can rent out the condo if he wants. If he is used to living in an appartment then maybe that is different but nothing beats a house with a garden for fresh air etc. Like anywhere in the world tread carefully . He need an 'O' Visa for retirment which he can get in the USA. This means he will have to border cross still every 90 days unless he goes to BKK for a 1 year extension, my personal suggestion would be take a break every 90 days especially during first 2 years. Jomtien also has access to several excellent hospitals in Pattaya of excellent standard. he should take out local Medical insurance, ball-park $400 a year but it makes live easy as opposed to dealing with a US based insurance, he gets a photo-medical card which is accepted at all decent hospitals and even allows Bumrungrad in BKK if he has a serious problem. There are a lot of new housing developments but my advice would be for him to wait a couple of years and enjoy the learning curve before signing for property. Tell him to be very wary of other foreigners who try to get 'too' friendly with advice, steet clear of them. It takes about 2 hours to buy a condo!! He can search out View Talay on the web, very popular and a decent bargain, but it's not crazy to buy a small condo so it is 'there' for ever but meanwhile rent a small house, if he then wants to move he can 'transit' at the condo whilst looking for property. A 1 bdrm Condo is up to $20k, studio room about $12-15k. If he can spend $500 a month he can get a house with a pool!! Shooping is easy at 2 large hypermarkets/malls, Lotius and Big C. If he wants wheels buy new, 2nd hand market is strange, a 2-5 year old vehicle seems to cost about 70-80% of a new one. A Corolla/Civic costs about $25,000 new, not cheap but he'd pay $15 for a decent older one anyway.
Old Jul 8th, 2004, 08:15 AM

thanks james i will pass this on to him

bob