Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Returned from Thailand, I have a great reccomendation

Old Feb 17th, 2003, 08:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just returned from a whole month travel all over Thailand, I will be happy to help anyone who has questions. The highlight of my trip was to get to know by chance an American called Ronnie who owns a sailing boat and takes small groups around the southern islands. We had such a marvellous time. If anyone is interested I will forward his e-mail
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 07:49 PM

I'm interested in finding a good hotel in Bangkok that is right in the middle of the city, near all of the nightlife. Also, I'd be interested in finding out more about your friend Ronnie. Thanks!
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 10:37 PM
Original Poster

For Laura : The best site to choose a hotel in Bangkok is the following http://www.r24.org/huahin.20m.com/bangkok/hotels/
We stayed just a couple of days as I am not a big fan of big cities.
Regarding Ronnie. We were lying on Relay beach (Close to Krabi) and a Thai woman with a beautiful smile handed us a flyer,it read 5-7 days cruising on a sailing boat to the Similan islands 60$ all included. I looked at my travel companion and said why not? We phoned and a nice friendly voice with a Californian accent answered. He immediately came to the beach with his dinky, picked us up and took us to his boat called 'Cygnet'. We went on board, he offered us drinks and had a chat. The next day off we went, we had a cabin all to ourselves, his Thai wife was very gracious and cooked us the most incredible food (you can choose Thai or western). Ronnie has a great experience he has lived on his boat for 20 years(!) and has sailed twice around the world. He took us to the Phee Phee islands,Chicked Island,Phuket and then the highlight of the trip to the 9 Similan islands that are not inhabited and have some of the best snorkling I have ever experienced (he will provide you with the gear). We stayed 7 days sailing, eating, chatting (Ronnie will entertain you with his incredible stories)and Ginni will simply spoil you for the entire stay. On the last day we had to catch a plane from Phuket and he sailed us all the way to the airport and made us stay on his boat until 2 hours from our flight! If you wish to contact Ronnie his e-mail is [email protected] he might not reply immediately as he is does not have a computer on board, you can give him a call on his mobile Thai phone 09-970 6138 or his Malay number 012 570 7004 , please do feel free to say that he was reccomended by Cristina and Dario. It seems incredible that just 1 week ago I was sunbathing on the deck and am now raving about the cruise from my office on a freezing cold day back home in Italy.
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 10:40 PM
Original Poster

Forgot to add that on the boat you can do whatever you like, he has more than 300 DVD's (we never used it though) and an incredible selection of music that you can put on any time....
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 01:58 AM

I always use that same website that you suggested for my hotels, rates are in Thai baht but you can see the update rates easily in USD and others. Cheap and very fast responses, I like that!
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 02:57 PM

Dear Pixy,
Can you let me know your email address? I would like more information and I have questions about your sailing trip.

Gale
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 08:54 PM

Pixy,
My family and I are looking for an "all inclusive" type of resort for the grandparents and little children. A luxury surrounding with water and great food sounds like the right idea for the grandparent and the little ones. Any ideas? Also, I would like the contact info. for this Ronnie fellow. Would I need to make contact with him prior to arriving in Thailand? Thanks
Peter
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 04:03 AM
Original Poster

Glad to help promoting Ronnie, my e-mail is [email protected] (I'm Italian)If you look at the above posts you can also have Ronnies direct phone number and e-mails. However please do feel free to contact me. Looking forward hearing from you