Reload this Page >

Restaurant in Xi'an

Search

Restaurant in Xi'an

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 08:40 AM
Audrey

Restaurant in Xi'an

Will take the advice of the forum and stay at the Hyatt but now I am wondering where a good place to eat would be in Xi'an. My companions speak Chinese so we would like a local place. In reserve, how is the food at the Hyatt? <BR>Thanks

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 01:24 PM
anonymous

There are so many nice restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel, finding good food at reasonable price should be the last thing for you to worry about. If you want to try out local flavors (dumpling banquet etc), ask the front desk or concierge for tips. <BR> <BR>The food (breakfast is all I had there) at Hyatt is beautiful. When eating in a fancy hotel like Hyatt, you always pay for the ambience and impeccable service.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 07:21 PM
Andrea

Unfortunately, I can't remember the name, but there is a really well-known restaurant that specializes in Muslim/Chinese food. It has several floors, and I'm pretty sure if you ask the concierge they will know which one it is. I live in Shanghai, and was talking to some friends about Xian recently, and they were sent to the SAME restaurant as we were, so I think they should know it. <BR> <BR>Actually, the food wasn't the most memorable part, although it was nice. It was this special soup they have for which you first tear bread into teeny, tiny pieces - we had lots of fun with this one. <BR> <BR>It's where a lot of tourists go, but we didn't see any other foreigners when we were there (so it's not a tour bus stop).

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 11:10 AM
xxx

We ate at the pizza pub at the Hyatt one night while in Xi'an and it was ok. If you get tired of Chinese food and want a decent pizza and beer for lunch, give it a try.

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 03:34 PM
Audrey

Thanks to all for the good advice. I definately want to try some of the local food and will try to report back on what we find. <BR>I did not know Xi'an was noted for dumplings!!