Red Sox Tickets Tokyo Dome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Acording to my people in Japan, no tickets for the games on Mar 25 and 26 have been relesed....maybe closer to game time....I have been tolded also that Red Sox Destinations, which can be found on Redsox.com may be puting out a hotel/ticket package for that series....you may want to give them a call or watch for a statement from soon.
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 07:46 AM
emd

Keep us up to date on whether you get tickets or not. Unfortunately, no trip to see the Sox in Tokyo for us. Although I'd love to go, my son is playing in his own baseball tournament in Orlando that week. Otherwise I'd really think very seriously about us going to Tokyo.

But I did get to see Tuffy Rhodes, former Red Sox player, play on the Giants team at Tokyo Dome a few yrs ago. That was fun. He's playing w/the Orix Buffaloes now, and banged a home run in his first at bat in 2007 w/them, and two more home runs on consecutive at bats in the next game. The Buffaloes need him. The Japanese cheering song for him is on You Tube.
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 09:44 AM

Ahem ... Tuffy Rhodes, former Cubs player. ;-)

Anyone remember his 3 homers in 3 at-bats on the Cubs' Opening Day (wow was that in 1993)?

Sorry to hijack, but will be following your travel to watch your Sox ... Sounds fun!
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 09:58 AM

We have had zero luck trying to get tickets and the last word I received from someone who frequents games in Japans was that it will difficult to impossible. Does anyone know if there are places in Tokyo such as Ace Ticket or StubHub here in the states that sell tickets to sold out events (at a premium cost of course)? If so, could someone let me know the names and locations of them. Does ticket scalping outside the park exist there as it does here and is it legal?
Thank you for any and all suggestions.
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 12:08 PM
emd

He played for the Astros (my old hometown) too...

What about Tuffy's 1993 extra-inning home run for the AAA team Iowa Cubs? And in 1994 he became the 1st NL player to hit 3 home runs on opening day. He still looked pretty darned good when I saw him in Tokyo.

Have you all tried a hotel concierge (if you have one) to get advance tickets?
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 12:09 PM
emd

and i forgot to add that the 1993 extra inning home run won the AA championship for them...