RatService Apartments

Search

RatService Apartments

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19th, 2004, 05:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RatService Apartments

After many hours deliberating on where to stay in Hong Kong and with invaluable help from this forum I'm now looking into accom. in Bangkok.
I've just looked at the very professional Rat Service web site and I'm sure we'll use their services to make the most of our time re tours etc but has anyone stayed at their serviced apartments (Riverside+Siri Sathorn)?? If so are they in a good location or should I stick to the tried and trusted hotels on the river which everyone seems to recommend. We plan to spend 5days/6 nights in Bangkok early Jan.
Many thanks in advance.
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 05:55 AM

If you want luxury and be pampered-stay at one of the 5 star river hotels.
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 09:02 AM

ratt does not have serviced apartments, she is just suggesting some...they are a good lower cost alternative...i looked at 3 different ones in june...we looked at centre points apts both on silom and rudee ruam (sp)...the rr site was nicer...directly across the street however was the marriott mayfair which was far superior to the other two...its a great location...

hotels along the river are all similar in some ways and miles apart in other ways...we all have our favorites...my #1 pick is the marriott resort and spa...while not as lux as the others it is overall excellent....the peninsula, sheraton orchid (ugh), the shangri-la and the oriental are all fabulous places...you would be happy in any of these... prices vary and there are many options....internet booking sites usually include tax and service (which amounts to 17.7% of your final bill) and breakfast so they make an attractive alternative to direct booking...
here are 2:

www.huahin.20m.com and www.asiavoyage24.com

they are both pre-pay alternatives...no changes allowed or refunds, i believe....

book ratt early as her time fills up quickly...
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 12:09 PM

Go on moveandstay.com and there will be a detailed description of the serviced apartment and location. It's quite central since it says it's walking distance to the Saladaeng skytrain station which is about three stops from the river and two stops from Siam station...the main station.I vacation in BK regularly and I would stay in that area.There is a list of apartments on moveandstay.com. I'm searching the list,too for a serviced apartment for two months of vacation.However, I don't get a serviced apartment for short periods...I just check into five-star hotels for that. Happy Travels!
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 02:29 AM
Original Poster

Yet again many thanks for your help.
The asiavoyage24 site was showing a saving of £250 for the Marriott resort & spa almost too good to be true!
No breakfast but ha £250 buys a lot of breakfast's..!
Has anyone booked on-line with asiavoyage24? Just a bit nervous as its not a 'well known' (for me anyway) site!
What appealed to me about the Marriott was the location which seems to be a little bit away from the busiest areas and what sounds like an excellent river boat service, plus all the positive reviews from several travel sites.
rhkkmk - you've mentioned the 'Manora Song' tour/cruise in a previous post and it really appeals as it sounds like a great escape away from the city for a day BUT I've searched for more info. but found very little.
Can anyone point me in the direction of a site or has anyone been on the tour/cruise?
Many thanks again - Z.
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 03:13 AM
Original Poster

Sorry..Ignore my one question above re the manora song, I'd spelt it incorrectly it should be Manohra. Excellent new web site www.manohracruises.com provides ample info.
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 09:41 AM

never go by my spelling....if you read emtravel's recent posting you will read about her time on the boat this month...its expensive...i paid $700 for 2 for 24 hours a couple of years ago....it is also on the marriott web-site i believe....try looking at royal garden resorts...they are the owners...

ratt's time is filling up...i just heard from a friend that she was unable to book her for december...