Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed

Old May 19th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be grateful for any recommendations of good guides/ drivers for a tour to Rajasthan in this October. We are looking for a reliable car rental company which provides knowledgeable English speaking driver/guides.
Old May 20th, 2013, 09:25 AM
cwn

Read my trip report below..."India, What Can I Say". We were there this April, used India by Car and Driver and had a newish comfortable SUV and wonderful English speaking driver, Rishi, for six days of traveling. The owner, Ramesh was very easy to work with, the price was extremely reasonable and the service was all inclusive and flawless. We used two of the companies guides, at no extra cost just a tip and both were very good also.

We used only the car service part though Ramesh can help with hotel arrangements if you want that service.
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:08 PM

We used Legends and Palaces and Mr. V. P.Singh arranged everything for us and really made a difference when we had a major problem from India Airways. Look at my trip report.
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 11:39 PM

I recommend contacting Ramesh from India by car and driver. We had an excellent experience!
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 04:29 AM

There are many different companies you can use. We used Castle and Kings on both of our trips to Rajasthan. Both times we were given an English speaking driver with a good sence of humor and an awareness of Western expectations.. What I mean by this is he stopped at places with a western toilet , or a place where we could safely eat. Avarind was easy to work with as far as our itinerary . My husband booked all our hotels which was fine with Avarind, but he will book them for you if needed.

Enjoy your trip. it is a special part of the world.
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 05:16 AM

http://www.legendsandpalaces.com/
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 05:54 AM

I was very happy working with Nikhil Pandhit, of TGS tours. We had a great trip to (mostly) Rajasthan in January, and he arranged drivers and guides. I took care of booking hotels, but he also coordinated with them, when needed, although they will also do the booking if you choose.
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 07:38 AM

we used castle and king on both of our trips... they provided a good SUV (essential to have a decently sized auto), an excellent driver and fabulous guides where needed, all at a very reasonable price...