Search

Chiang Mai

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 11:53 AM
George

Chiang Mai

Has anyone stayed that the Galare Guest House?<BR>Decent place?<BR>I'm planning on being in Chiang Mai this december and looking for a place to stay.<BR>thanks.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 04:05 AM
Dan & Sally Yoder & family

George,<BR>We have a good friend who stays in a permanent room in a guest house in Chiang Mai. We recently visited him and he made arrangements for, and traveled with, our family throughout Thailand. Some of the perks with his guest house is that he has a computer in his room for email messages home,they have licensed drivers for excursions on staff and Harley, who is a volunteer in Chiang Mai, can speak Thai, and knows the area. You may seek his help at http://www.harleythedude.com/hhtravel.htm<BR>ENJOY. <BR>P.S. You can also email us for more info.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 06:58 AM
Linda

I'm not familiar with the Galare, but last February we stayed at the Lai-Thai Guest House, and it was very comfortable - also has a nice pool, which was much appreciated! We paid about 600Baht for an air-con room. We booked online and had no problem with our reservation - www.laithai.com<BR>Enjoy your stay in Chiang Mai - we loved it there.<BR>Linda

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 07:40 AM
EJ

We're just checked into the Galare Guest House, its got a great location near the night market, the rooms are a good size and have AC for 650 baht. On the downside the place is a bit rough around the edges, but really your comfort level will depend on your expectations. The place seems quite popular and so far our day there was fine enough.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 09:51 AM
Paige

I believe the River View Lodge is just a few doors down. We stayed there last Feb and liked it a lot.