Question for Tiger Lily re pillow

May 28th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Original Poster

Question for Tiger Lily re pillow

Where can I see these Tempur pillows from Denmark - is there a website that you know of? I'll try Google! A roll-up one would be great for travel! Often thought i'd make a fortune if I designed a blow-up pillow for travellers!
May 28th, 2004, 04:12 PM

tempurpedic.com is their website. Maybe the Sharper Image carries them? In Japan, you can buy them in large department stores, bedding shops, and I've seen them in Kansai airport, too. I have one, regular size, not travel, and it's GLORIOUS.
May 28th, 2004, 07:48 PM

Amanda, I don't know where you live, but the tempurpedic are sold all over the US. I'm assuming you know that they aren't blow-up pillows, which are available readily and cheaply almost anywhere.
May 28th, 2004, 10:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the website Kim.
Actually, I've tried a curved pillow for my neck before, and it helped initially, then aaggravated it. I found a plain latex rubber pillow works best for me - hence I travel with it!!
I didn't mean the blow-up travel neck pillows, Kathie - I was thinking of a pillow-size rectangle that you blow up to place under a pillow if it is too low, or just blow up to the right size for you!!
May 28th, 2004, 11:46 PM

Hi Amanda,

Kim is spot on again. Check out the tempurpedic website and choose your country, then click on "contact us". You should be able to check out an outlet nearby you from the list of distributors.

Such a coincidence that Kim also uses the same pillow. It is glorious... And you wouldn't know it from it's deceptively plain foamy form.

I have both the regular sized one (the millenium model with an extra notch in the centre) and just bought the travel one too (close to half the size of the regular one and it come with the sling bag to store it during travel but it's advisable to not permanently keep it rolled up).

The travel one looks like a half grown pillow but its still just as good, only handier. =p

I've even tried the Japanese buckweed and industrial plastic grains (*ouch*)from Takashimaya, Japan. And nothing beats the Tempur, as yet.

I believe it would be much more compact than what you decribed as your husband's current one. (Okie, I'd better stop before I start sounding like a commercial)

Anyway, I think you'd find it's real liberating to have complete ease and control of your luggage whilst trying to maneuver through the Japan train station crowd.... Hahaha... =)

Cheers
Tiger Lily
May 29th, 2004, 02:39 AM

The curved foam pillows that are not Tempurpedic aren't nearly as good as the real thing. You pay for Tempurpedic, but it really is different from the cheaper ones IMO.