Private Villa in Samui

Search

Private Villa in Samui

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2004, 05:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Private Villa in Samui

I posted this question in someone else's thread on Samui but no response so I'm asking again in case someone is familiar with it...Has anyone ever stayed at a private villa on Samui? We're staying 5 nights in Dec. at Baan Tamarind on Bophut beach. It isn't cheap but there are 3 families splitting the cost of $800/night. I'm just wondering if the experience was good or otherwise?
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 11:06 AM

As no one else replied:
Sorry have not heard of Baan Tamarind? Out of interest I took a look at it and yes, it 'does' look pretty fantastic. I guess if you can afford that between all of you then great, why not have a great time, as far as price goes it seems comparable with other beach villas price-wise on Samui, that's about all I can say.
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Original Poster

Thanks James. It does look great to us too but our dicision was based solely on information posted on various websites, not from anyone who'd done it. No big deal..we were just hoping to get a feed back from those who have done the private villa thing if this experience is as good, better, or worse than staying at a major resort.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained I guess. Will keep you posted upon our return early January.
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 06:34 PM

while on samui in june, we met a couple who were there for a wedding...they went elsewhere in bophut to a large villa for the wedding...they said it was fantastic...i believe that some of the wedding party stayed there for some days as well...sounds like it might be the place...it comes with help, etc...

they reported after the wedding that it was absolutely lovely and very comfortable...

i don't know the name of course...sorry
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

Appreciate the insight rhkkmk.
I'll let you know how it goes. How often do you go to Thailand or do you live there?