priceline.com question

Old Apr 25th, 2003, 07:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
priceline.com question

a recent posting about bangkok and priceline stated that the only resort hotel listed as 5* in the river area is the marriott resort...i want to know where this person found the listing of hotels for priceline ?? can anyone help....i guess i don't really understand how priceline works and if i really want to stay at a certain property, how will i be assured that i will get this property??? thanks
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 07:38 AM

Check out www.biddingfortravel.com. It is a site which helps make Priceline more transparent by providing bidding help and ongoing feedback from people's bidding successes and failures.
Old Apr 27th, 2003, 07:27 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 12:19 PM

The Marriott Resort & Spa is actually a 4*, and a extremely nice one at that. You should heed mstraveler's sound advice to visit www.biddingfortravel.com, which offers fantastic advice on Priceline bidding. You will see that the Marriott routinely goes for $47/night, an absolute steal. Also check out their Priceline Asia discussion board (the link's at the bottom) for bidding strategies on Priceline Hong Kong and Priceline Singapore (which are available regardless of actual residence). Those two Priceline Asia sites have invetory in many areas (e.g. Phuket, Thailand) that are otherwise unavailable on Priceline.com.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 12:43 PM

Cal776, do you have any advice about which Priceline (HK or Singapore) has better inventory/deals? I am about to use one of them for the first time to bid on Phuket and BKK. I understand BKK can also be bid through Priceline here as well. Not sure which to use.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 07:14 AM

rhkkmk

I believe you are referring to my previous postings regarding the $47 per night rooms at the Marriott Resort. We arrived back today having stayed there for 5 nights. I recall you asking previously about the type of room provided to priceline bidders. We were initially allocated a city view room but chose to upgrade for $20 per night to a pool view room. At the start of our trip, we stayed at the Royal Orchid Sheraton which was $85 per night (not through priceline) but the Marriott was, in our opinion, much much better than the Sheraton even if we hadn't got it so cheap!!

I have to say, I felt ever so slightly smug looking down at the sunbathers by the pool from our balcony knowing that we probably paid half of what they did!

As previously mentioned by others on this thread, I obtained the hotel listings from biddingfortravel.com.

I also got a couple of suits made at the tailor you recommened Monet Il Sarto, and they are very nice too!
Old May 3rd, 2003, 04:04 PM

mstraveler: Priceline.com works well for Bangkok, but Phuket accommodations are not available through Priceline.com. For Phuket, you will have to use Priceline Honk Kong or Singapore. Both seem to produce good results. Again, you should always check www.biddingfortravel.com to learn Priceline strategy and to view other bidders successes and failures. For information about Priceline Asia bidding, click the link at the bottom of www.biddingfortravel.com marked "Priceline Asia Discussions."