Posting Live from Bangkok!

Old Jul 10th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Posting Live from Bangkok!

Good morning one and all. I'm back in my favorite city for a week+ of shopping and dining and seeing my many friends. It is a lovely (although cloudy) morning in Bangkok.

For those of you who had wondered about staying at Somerset Suwan Park View, don't have any second thoughts about it. The place is really lovely. I'll be putting some photos of my one-bedroom apartment on my web site soon. Will let everyone know when they are ready for viewing.

In the meantime, I'm off to get a SIM card for my BKK phone. More later...

Hope everyone has a great day.

Carol
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 05:55 PM

Hi, Carol! Glad to hear you like your apartment. Have some wonderful Thai food for me!
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 06:02 PM

Carol,

Lucky you!! We are jealous. Have fun shopping and let us know about everything

Aloha!
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 06:32 PM

wow! you're back already. say hi to ming for me.

hows the baht rate?
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 07:43 PM

thanks for the e mail....tong must love the bag that guen designed...

have fun and let us know what is happening...
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 09:04 PM

Thanks, Carol

Looks like we'll be at the SSPV for a month starting Dec. 27.

A little over 5 months and counting.

Sandra
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 09:11 PM

BTW where is the "robot" building shown on your website. I don't think we have ever seen it, and will make a special trip to see it this visit.

We are also looking forward to spending time with Tong and to introducing her and our daughter and son-in-law. They will be with us for about 10 days and I was able to book Tong a couple of days during their time in BKK.

Sandra
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 10:13 PM

Hi Carol-
Looking forward to heairng more about your trip!
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 05:19 AM

Good Morning from Texas:

Our reservations are confirmed for the end of Dec. at the SSPV and wait-listed for January. (The rates aren't available yet.)

Can't wait.

Thanks Carol for letting us know about SSPV.

Sandra
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 06:37 AM

simpsonc510. You're lucky. I've got 21 weeks and one day but who's counting?

kuranosuke. For foreign currencies, try :

http://www.xe.com/ucc/
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Original Poster

Hello again everyone. It is nearly 11 at night now, and I'm wide awake. I should be out partying instead of posting on fodors... hahaha.

The baht today was 33.20 at a place called Siam Exchange, near MBK and Siam Discovery. I have found it to be the best exchange rate.

Shopping was good today. I met up khun Ming around 11:30 and we went first to Pratunam market. We had a nice lunch at Central World Plaza and then came back to my apartment for a visit in peace and quiet!

BTW, the photos of my apartment are now on my web site. If you go to cjscollection, select "photo gallery" on the left, and then choose the miscellaneous album, you will find them. This is a nice apartment. I have not yet looked at the pool. I shall have to have a look (for rhkkmk, you know) and post a picture or two.

There is a laundry room somewhere in the building. I don't know the price but you can get tokens at the front desk. There is also a mini-mart that is open from 9 to 9. I bought water, yogurt, instant rice soups, and some Singha beer for my fridge.

We had rain today. Ming tells me that it is now rainy just about everyday, but not for long. We did not get wet as we were inside shopping at the time. Of course, the temperature is in the 90's... what do you expect... it's BANGKOK. lol

No new market discoveries yet, but I did find some really nice new products at Pratunam. Tomorrow I go to the "secret" market with Ming to see what I can find there.

Tomorrow night we will go to Tawandang for food and entertainment. Should be fun. I always enjoy Tawandang Brewery.

Let me know if I can answer anymore questions about SSPV, etc.

Wish you were all here...

Carol
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Original Poster

Sandra
I just went back over this thread and saw your question about the robot building. It is located very close to the skytrain route, on the way from National Stadium (MBK stop) to the river. I think it might be around Sala Daeng/Chong Nonsi. If I remember correctly, the photo is taken from the skytrain station platform at Chong Nonsi. It is really a cool building!

Carol
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 08:20 AM

Carol, would you mind posting the link to your website?

Cyn
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

cyn

It's www.cjscollection.com. I set it up as a vehicle for selling some items i buy in BKK, but then that didn't work out. I do have a photo gallery on it, and I send people there all the time to check out various hotels and such. I hope you find it interesting.
Carol
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 09:42 AM

The pool area is nice...very functional...not huge...but one that one could swim laps/exercise in. It's not what I call a "cute" pool. As for the laundry room,I was shown a laundry room when I was there. I assume there is only one. From what I remember, I think there were about 4 washing machine and they took tokens. I don't remember if there were dryers. As I've said before, the location of Somerset Suwan Park View apartments is excellent, it's a very decent building and the staff was very nice. The only gripe Hobbes and I both had was that the apartments looked a bit dated and she mentioned to them that they need to renovate. I would agree with her on that point. She's had friends who've lived in that building long term. It was a building that was first on my top-5 list about 3 years ago. Happy Travels!
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 03:04 PM

Thanks for the pictures, Carol. We have our confirmed reservations for December and are waiting for confirmation for January. I am sure it will be fine.

Also, we are looking forward to seeing the robot building. I hope I can find it.

Waiting to hear more about your trip.

Enjoy!!!!!!

Sandra
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 06:01 PM

your apartment looks decent...enjoy it..
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Original Poster

I've just added a couple of pictures of the pool area. Take a look. It is larger than Majestic Grande, Grand President, and Omni Tower pool areas. There is also a large well equipped gym and a small playroom for children. Families are staying here, so must be family-friendly.

Carol
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 07:35 PM

pool looks decent...thanks
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 10:05 AM

Thanks for the link Carol - looks great!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -