plug for great Tokyo hotel

Apr 24th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Original Poster

plug for great Tokyo hotel

Just returned from 6 nights in Tokyo. We stayed at a nice little business hotel in the Asakusa area, 1 minute walk from Asakusa subway station. The place is a business hotel, Hotel New Gyominso.

www.gyominso.jp

The web site has English on it. We had a twin room and were offered a discount by the owner because we were staying six nights. Room was small but clean, adequate. The hotel has a nice Japanese bath on the 9th floor which is wonderful after a day of walking around. Location is great, in the older part of Tokyo close to Asakusa Temple. No breakfast was included but there was a Denny's a block away with cheap breakfast sets and all the coffee refills you want. I'd definitely stay here again.
Apr 24th, 2005, 05:37 PM

Hi susiesan-how much was your room per person per night? Their website is a little confusing, 7350 yen per twin (bed or room). Further down after group rates it says "per person, per night".
Apr 25th, 2005, 12:03 AM

Hi

My wife and I are going to Japan in Mid May and we are looking for a hotel. From what I read on their page it looks like it is 7350 yen per person. Was it easy to get to the hotel from the airport? Was it easy to get around Tokyo on the subway line located near the hotel?

Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com
Apr 25th, 2005, 04:10 AM

Gard, I am a big fan of your China report. From that, I think you would definitely like this hotel. We stayed in the same neighborhood in Tokyo, but the Ryokan Shigetsu, which I also highly recommend. The neighborhood is quaint and traditional with lots of small restaurants and shops (and the temple). It is easy to get around Tokyo on the subway and the station for this neighborhood is small and easy to use.
Apr 25th, 2005, 05:48 AM

Sisiesan, how did it go with internet cafes?
May 6th, 2005, 10:08 PM

I'm trying to look for hotels and found this thread. Are the rooms nonsmoking?

How do you book rooms in this hotel? Online?