Phuket Top Hotels

Old Nov 12th, 2003, 09:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phuket Top Hotels

I am looking for recommendations for a "5-star" hotel in Phuket for a honeymoon..looking for a place that is situated on a beach that is tranquil and not too hectic. I was looking to spend in the 300-500 USD range..but certainly open to cheaper, value places with good quality. Any recommendations?? Thanks
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 01:26 PM

My husband & I had our honeymoon in Phuket 1999 & stayed at the Sheraton Grande Laguna which was very nice but it is really geared toward families. However, on that same beach (Bang Tao), you will find 4 other 5 star hotels. They're the first integrated hotels in the area (you can dine & use hotels' facilities under one charge). The area is pristine, well kept and of course, extremely pricey. Try Banyan Tree for the ultimate spa experience. Also, we booked a snorkeling trip via coralseekers.com to a private Island and it was well worth the price. English speaking guide that will take you to the most private Island & will even pack lunch (& champagne for honeymooners). Good luck.
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 02:40 PM

The Boathouse, Villa Royale property. Only 6 villas on the whole place. The setting is gorgeous! The location is not on the beach, but on a rocky outcropping. You can get to the beach quite easily. The food at the restaurants at Boathouse, and Mom Tri's Kitchen is absolute first rate, as is the wine list. I would recommend the villas for a romantic honeymoon!
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 08:44 PM

Le Meridien Yacht Club
Old Nov 13th, 2003, 02:44 AM

Stayed at the Le Meridien Phuket a few years back (not the Yatch Club).

A large hotel (but I think most of the 5 stars around here are, I don't recall reading about any smaller intimate alternatives) with large rooms, a large pool area and a good range of restaurants for those nights when you want to eat in house.

Has a private beach right on the doorstep and it's not one that's sieged by non guests either because of it's location in a little bay.
Old Nov 13th, 2003, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all for the feedback..I'll check them out!!
Old Nov 13th, 2003, 08:34 PM

Another tip is to stay at a decent 3/4 star and then take the best rooms, you can often get a prime suite for less than a basic top hotel. Trty Marina Cottages at the far end of Karon beach, or wheck the Kata Thani. You can search by price order and check reviews om

http://www.phuket-hotels.s5.com
Old Nov 20th, 2003, 07:00 AM

Don't know if you've booked yet but just want to say that personally I wouldn't recommend Le Meridien as a honeymoon hotel. It is is bit too big and family-centered to be very romantic.. Still, the restaurants were good and the private beach is a real bonus
Old Nov 20th, 2003, 07:03 PM

have you checked out Amanpuri or the Chedi? The Aman is more expensive but we stayed at one in Bali and it was incredible. It is more than $500 but the hotel experience of a lifetime, therefore great for a honeymoon! Two of our friends stayed at th Chedi and loved it, they are next door to the Amanpuri with a nice, fairly private beach.
Old Nov 21st, 2003, 08:56 PM

I would suggest checking out the Amanpuri and the Banyan Tree. Amanpuri is top-end hotel fit for a king. Can't go wrong with it and you can see pics on the internet. Banyan Tree has vilas where you get your own pool. Both are luxurious and will be as good as any 5 star hotels in the world.
Old Nov 21st, 2003, 11:02 PM

Ajbarrion, did you make a choice? You can get more info on the beaches to help you choose area on Phuket Gazette

www.phuketgazette.net

I still maintain you get find amazing places for well under thos prices charge for Laguna area places. Take a look at the Boathouse Villas again.
Old Nov 25th, 2003, 07:42 PM
Original Poster

We have not made a choice yet..looked into the Pimalai from one of your other posts and that looks great. Since it is for our honeymoon, we are really trying to cover all the bases. Thanks all
Old Nov 26th, 2003, 12:08 PM

Well if your looking for something special, I just got back from the Evason Phuket honeymoon suite on Bon island. Basically it is your on island from 5:00PM - 8:00AM during the day the hotel uses it, but maybe 25 people for the whole beach. The villa is all alone at the top of the island and it is unbeliveable. If you just want to relax, and have a romantic dinner on the beach everynight, this is the place. The only thing is that they will be upgrading the villa come Jan 2004 so not sure if it will be available.
Old Nov 27th, 2003, 12:21 PM
Original Poster

Thanks doitwell for the last response, we were actually really considering Evason Phuket as a destination, but instead of the private island we were leaning more towards the villa with the private pool. Would you still recommend Evason even if we did not opt for Bon Island? how would you rate the service, the location relative to a nightlife and available activities and the resort as a whole? Thanks
Old Nov 28th, 2003, 03:01 AM

The Evason is very remote, other side of the islands to the main beach resorts/areas and nightlife, you have some restaurants in Rawai and Chalong but it is deffinately the quiet part of the isalnd. The beach at the hotel is not good hence they take you by boat to the island to swim. If you are looking for lots to do plus some nightlife you need to look at Kata or Karon or if you wants busy nightlife then Patong. You don't want to travel 'over the hills' to the west coast and back every night.
Old Nov 28th, 2003, 03:04 AM

I would take a look at Phuket Gazette online ( it's the weekly Phuket English language paper ) as you will find lots if info about the beaches and things to see wand where to go, very good source for planning )

http://www.phuketgazette.net ( always comes up not found first attempt, just click 'refresh' and it works ok )
Old Nov 30th, 2003, 10:14 AM

I would stay at the Amanpuri or the Chedi. I have stayed at both of them. Because it is a honeymoon, I might recommend the Amanpuri. They have great service and it is very romantic. There are usually more families at the Chedi. The hotels share the same beach. The Chedi is a better value, but the rooms aren't as nice.
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 10:18 AM

Other then Bon island I would not recommend Evason - its nice and good staff - but its like staying in a florida condo.