Andaman White Beach Resort

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2006, 01:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone stayed here? Heard anything good or bad? Recommend the resort? Looks very nice, and would like to get some comments on the place or area. I believe it is on Nai Thon Beach. Thanks!

www.andamanwhitebeach.com
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 04:07 PM

I'll be spending one night in a Beach bungalow there in late April on my way from Phi Phi to Bangkok. It looks awesome and I can't wait. The prices go way down in late April too. I've read several reviews on the hotel booking sites and Trip Advisor. All are quite favorable except a few complaints about it being isolated from everything and the taxis across the street being very pushy and expensive (due to the isolation).

Being that it will be our last night of beach time in SEA, isolated sounds perfect to me. We may even rent a car for the day and do some scenic drives in the area. It's quite close to the airport too, which is nice for our morning flight to BKK.
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 04:29 PM
CFW

Just got back from Andaman White Beach on Phuket and I think you will like it. Just 15 minutes from the airport on a beautiful wide and completely isolated beach with rocks at each end so in addition to a wonderful expansive beach for swimming you have the lovely sound & view of the surf crashing up against the rocks at the ends of the beach. The area used to be a coconut plantation so the surrounding area is lush & green with coco palms. Very low-key low rise villa-style hotel with a lovely pool area. The only negative for those who want to see anything else in Phuket or have any nightlife is that it is very isolated at the north end of the Island and taxis from there are very expensive -- would have cost us at least $40 to get to the Laguna area & much more to get to Patong, Kata, or Karon beach areas. We thought we could make arrangements with a taxi at the airport, but they were even more expensive than the taxi service at the hotel. So we just stayed at the resort & enjoyed it, which was not too difficult! We had thought about going to Mom Tri's boathouse for dinner, but the food (and the sunsets!) at the Andaman White Beach were so fabulous we saw no need. The spa is very plain, and I had one massage which was very mediocre. Tried again and this time I had a woman named Vi (Viparadee) and she was amazing. Had both a Thai message and an aromatherapy massage with oil with her and I can't recommend her highly enough! Magic hands. I have never had better massages, and believe me I have had some great messages in Thailand!

Old Feb 21st, 2006, 06:23 PM

CFW-
Could you tell us a little more about the rooms there? What type of room did you have? How was the view?
Did you do any day trips at all from the hotel? Were there snorkeling trips offered for example? If so, do you remember the cost? How expensive was the spa/massages there?
Were there any other restaurants in the area? Was it possible to rent a scooter to get around?
Any other details would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 01:48 AM
CFW

The resort is comprised of single story Thai style "villas" throughout the property. We had a beach front villa with sliding glass doors onto a large front deck that was shaded by lush tropical foliage and then stepped out onto the beach. I think all rooms, even those that are not directly on the beach, have direct sea views. The rooms are a nice size with polished wood floors, king beds, sofa, table & desk. Bathrooms are spacious with a tub/shower & then also an outdoor shower which has hot as well as cold water. (many outdoor showers have only cold water.) Altogether the rooms were very comfortable & private. The do have a diver shop & I believe offer snorkeling trips, but I have no idea about prices. We arranged directly (not though the hotel)for a private boat trip and snorkeling on Phang Nga bay with Coral Seekers, who had been referred to us by Sergeant Kai in Chiang Mai. It was expensive (14,000 Baht) but was a highlight of our stay in Phuket. I can give you contact info if you are interested. I dealt directly with the owner, Mark, who is Australian and has been operating boat trips in Phuket for 10 years. Our guide was Jack who was a delight. As to restaurants and such near the hotel -- there is NOTHING. It is absolutely isolated. However, the restaurant at the resort is great. It's Oon outdoor decks overlooking the pool & the sea, and the Thai food and seafood is simply the best I have ever eaten. The chef is a real talent and I mentioned it to the manager who said they are sending him to Italy during the wet season to do an internship at a michelin 3* restaurant and a country-style restaurant to develop him as an Italian chef as well.

I don't know about renting scooters, but maybe you could e-mail the hotel & ask or maybe there is something you could arrange at the aiport. If you want to arrange for transport to get around the island, though, you should do it before you get to the hotel because once you get to the hotel the only transportation is the car service across from the hotel, which is very expensive.

The spa has a massage package of 4 one-hour massages for 4000 Baht which is a good deal. Otherwise massages are 1500 Baht individually. I don't know about other spa treatments except that my husband got badly sunburned and had an after-sun treatment that consisted of cold compresses, a cucumber wrap, and after-sun cream which he said was great. The very best massages are by Vi. Ask for her specially. She's fabulous.

Hope this is helpful. Writing this is making me want to go back immediately!
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 07:29 AM

CFW-
Thanks for the detailed reply. I am thinking of staying here now too, especially since I got them to offer me a great rate by emailing them directly!
However, I am a bit concerned about how isloated they are. I really don't want to have to eat every meal in the hotel restaurants. We may have to rent a scooter or a car for a couple of the days we are there.
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 07:39 AM

CFW,
was the beach water clear and smooth sand to walk into the water? Too many options and i can't decide. Thank you. Is there a gym at the resort. Thank you.
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 01:59 PM
Original Poster

Thanks CFW and LA FadeAway.

CFW- thanks for all the detailed information. I don't like the idea of being so isolated, but that is what Dh and I are wanting to do. We want an isolated place where we can relax, and the Andaman sounds perfect! We decided to split our time and stay down at karon beach and then come back and stay at the andaman, and it will be closer to the airport. One last question, how expensive is the food at the hotel? Thanks!
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 03:20 PM
CFW

Clear, The water is clear and blue, blue, blue, and there is a gym. Belle, We spent about $30 - 40 for dinner for two with appetizers, main course & dessert, and beer or iced tea.
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 09:58 AM

Just an update-
We decided to stay here as well. I emailed them and asked if they would extend their "super saver" packed rate to our dates in early April and they said yes. That means a Beach Front Villa will be $125 per night Plus tax. It certainly doesn't hurt to ask, does it?
Belle-when will you be there?
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

Kristina- we will be there in May. It looks like a nice place to stay, incase it rains! I've emailed them but haven't heard from them.....still waiting. I did ask about the special rate. You mean that one that includes dinner, suite, etc right?
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 02:01 PM
CFW

Those prices are a great deal! We were just there in February (left on the 17th) & paid much more.
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 06:13 PM

Belle-
No, the package I got was the one on their site called the "Super Saver" which is basicaly buy one (at $250), get one free including airport transfers and breakfast.
The Orchid Suite deal looks great too. I think I didn't look at it because we don't need a 2 bedroom suite. I didn't even ask if it was available then.
Their response time has been sporadic. Sometimes within 24 hours, sometimes 3 days. Just keep emailing them.
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Kristina! That is a great deal that one sounds great!
Old Feb 27th, 2006, 10:40 AM

Belle0516, Since you're going in May, the rates should be really good, even without the "Super Saver". Although, I just noticed that they've changed their web site and upped their rates, just since I made my reservation about a week or two ago. I got the Beachfront Villa in late April for about $110 I believe. I'm pretty lucky I guess!
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 06:21 AM

I emailed the hotel and asked them about local transportation options and snorkeling and diving trips.

In case anyone is interested, here is their reply:

"We do not have a motor scooters, we only have a normal motor bike
at THB300-/day for manual gear and THB400-/day for automatic gear.
For a car with a driver they charge at THB2,000- for 7 hours.

We also have shuttle bus to Phuket Town that take about 40 minutes
from the hotel and shuttle bus to Patong that take about 40 minutes.
Both services is THB375-/way/person. You can check the schedule
with our receptionist upon arrival. If you prefer to walk to the near by
local shops or local restaurant it takes about 15 minutes.

We have diving center service at the hotel and for any excursion you can
contact our receptionist for more details."

Old Feb 28th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Kristina! THB2,000 for 7 hours is not bad at all! Also the shuttle sounds great! Now if only I could get someone to answer my emails....
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 10:21 AM

Belle-I don't know about that shuttle. $37.50 for two people, r/t sounds pricy to me! The driver is a better deal...
I'm going before you I think so I'll certainly report back.
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Original Poster

Yes, we wont be there until May. Will look for your report!
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 01:10 PM

I'll be reporting back too, although we don't get home until May 7, so I don't know if that's after you leave or not Belle0516.

Kristina, thanks for the transportation options. We may do the car and driver rather than renting our own, given the pricing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -