Phuket or Koh Samui? ttt

Search

Phuket or Koh Samui? ttt

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2008, 05:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phuket or Koh Samui? ttt

I really need to figure out what beach town to go to in december for my honeymoon. I am looking at phuket or koh samui.

we like nice beaches, be able to go diving etc. We wouldnt mind also having a night life if its nice.

any suggestions?

Old Mar 26th, 2008, 05:27 AM

i think you would find far more to do in phuket....koh samui is very nice but more laid back...i actually prefer it, but i am not a newlywed...

you might want to check out the weather patterns at that time of year, which might help make up your mind....
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 05:38 AM

Both places have busier areas and quieter areas, so you not only need to decide which island, you need to decide which beach. To make things even more complicated, you may want to consider Krabi with its dramatic limestone karsts rising out of the water.

If you are looking for a place to dive, you have to consider water clarity as well as weather. I'm not a diver, but friends have told me that the water is clearer on the Phuket side at that time of the year. December is high season, so the sooner you can choose a hotel, the better.

I'd also suggest you take a look at a good guidebook and read about each of the beach areas so you have a bit of background.
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 10:42 AM

For weather Phuket would be fine, but you also have Phi Phi, Krabi area, Khao Lak etc.
If you want plenty of nightlife/entertainment and restaurants Phuket, if you want ttropical island stle Phi Phi.
Diving is almost entirely off island from Phuket but from Phi Phi would be good.
Tell us if you just want bars/resdtaurants or you are thinking clubs/shows etc on the nighlife level. The are plent of ideals Phuket honeymoon hotels and resorts, and you do then have the option of plenty of nightlife, but you can find quieter actual resorts/hotels to stay.

Old Mar 26th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

I think we are looking more for restaurants and areas to walk around during the day or at night. We are not that concerned with going to clubs etc, we get enough of that in Miami!

My main concern is having a nice beach, yet not be completely secluded and restricted to the resort.
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 01:41 PM

Try Kata or Karon beach in Phuket. Mom Tri's Boathouse in is very nice. Take a look at Sawadee.com for views of the hotels. We will be glad to comment on our experience with possibilities.
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 07:36 PM

look at le meridien at khao lak