Phuket Hotels

Jun 2nd, 1999, 10:12 AM
Carl W. Lindskog

Phuket Hotels

My wife and I will be in Phuket in early November. Which beach do you consider to be the most beautiful? What hotel can you recommend? First class but not luxury. Native style, not high rise American. Access to nightlife not a high priority.

Jun 2nd, 1999, 07:43 PM
Ricky

Hi Carl, I went to Phuket last March and I stayed at Kamala Bay Terence Resort (I though it has renamed to somethinkg Royal Prince Kamala.... You can't miss out because it is the only hotel at Kamala Bay). It's quite nice and quiet place. Although it is a little bit far from Phuket Town (around 15-20min drive), it will be a good place to relax at the hotel with basic facilities. Also, it has a private beach (free 3-5min shuttle bus from hotel). More important, each house (not flat) has a excellent seaview to Kamala Bay). You can check it out at the web site "asia-hotel" (I can't remember the exact web link").
Of couse, you can also choose the Phuket Laguna (include 4 luxuary hotels).

Jun 3rd, 1999, 03:21 AM
Carl Lindskog

Ricky, thanks for the input. Any recommendations for Hong Kong?

Jun 3rd, 1999, 08:49 PM
Ricky

Any preferences? Shopping, easily access, budget, HK Island/Kowloon, etc...

Jun 5th, 1999, 04:55 AM
Carl Lindskog

Kowloon preferrably. I suppose shopping will be high on the list, unless there are better bargains in Bangkok or Singapore

Jun 6th, 1999, 07:14 AM
Melissa Zieger

Bar none - the best place on Phuket is The Chedi. Picture a perfectly shaped beach (they share it with the Amanpuri), your own bungalow and wonderful food. Splurge for #106 - it has two rooms, but the best view on the property. It is first class, and you don't get any more native than this place. About 20 minutes to Town. You can get a brochure on it from ghm hotels' web site. I'd move there permanently if I could!!!! We found it in Frommers and it was magical.

Jun 7th, 1999, 01:17 AM
Ricky

Carl,
You can check those hotels in either Mongkok (10min to Tsim Sha Tsui by MTR) or Tsim Sha Tsui. Here is a few suggestions (most of them are middle class):
Mongkok
Grand Tower Hotel (top of MTR station)
Eaton Hotel

Jun 7th, 1999, 01:17 AM
Ricky

Carl,
You can check those hotels in either Mongkok (10min to Tsim Sha Tsui by MTR) or Tsim Sha Tsui. Here is a few suggestions (most of them are middle class):
Mongkok
Eaton Hotel

Jun 7th, 1999, 01:48 AM
Ricky

Carl,
Mongkok
Majestic Hotel
YMCA Int'l House
Standford Hotel
Tsim Sha Tsui
Kowloon Hotel
New Astor Hotel
Standard Hillview Hotel
You can check the official site of HK Tourist Association for the room rates, but I'm sure you can find a better rate on internet.

Jun 12th, 1999, 11:41 AM
Carl Lindskog

Thaks for all the input!