phuket hotel for $50/nt?

Search

phuket hotel for $50/nt?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
phuket hotel for $50/nt?

is it possible to get a 3 star in november for 2 people for as little as $50/nt, or am i dreaming? any thoughts or recommendations?
Old Oct 25th, 2004, 08:17 AM

There is still no official star rating system, if you are looking for a hotel with a/con, tv, decent shower/wc, restaurant, swimming pool and bar, early in November B 2,000 should get you 'something, but the rates really do shoot up from 01 November if you are thinking along the lines of a true 3 star level property you could be hard pushed. But there is plenty of cheap and budget accommodation available, in fact there seem no shortage down the lower price end.
Kata beach resort which is about $62 in October is $130 plus in November, a good 2-star plus like the Old Phuket should be around $60 in November.
If you are not going to spend any time in your room other than sleeping there are lots of places with nice pools and perfecty decent rooms, but they aren't truly 3 star level. I think if you up your budget to around $75 you will find somewhere sufficiently good.
When choosing where to stay on Phuket my advice is firstly to choose 'which beach', as they vary from quiet to 'rocking', so if you can give us an idea of what type of beach area you want and how you plan to spend your time it makes it easier to give specific named ideas.
Old Oct 25th, 2004, 09:37 AM

directrooms.com has some good deals around that price range.
Old Oct 25th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Original Poster

we actually have reservations at "phuket cabana" for $115/nt. i thought that possibly i can get an equivilant hotel for less. can be a quiet beach.
Old Oct 25th, 2004, 10:28 PM

The Phuket Cabana is prime location right on the beach in Patong, there are actually only a few places right on the beach and the Cabana has prime location, it is a very busy part of the beach. If you want to get staright onto the beach it is good. The Kata Beach resort and Karon Beach Resort are at those beaches and both have prime location right on the beach, but both much quieter than Patong. Again be wary of and star ratings as these would be totally unofficial.
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 03:07 AM

There are plenty of suitable places back from the beach at $20 - $30 a night. I won't pay more than $12 - $15 myself, as all I want is a clean room with hw shower and a fan - A/C does not agree with me.

Karon and Kata are much nicer beaches if you want quiet.

Harzer
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 07:44 PM

i managed to get a superior room at karona beach and spa resort for early december for THB2484 nett including breakfast. You can check out this website. http://www.thailand-hotels.voyagenow...et-hotels.html
It's on a prepayment basis but if you're sure, then you can get very good rates and there's lots of hotels to choose from.