Philippines -- May-June 2010

Feb 2nd, 2010, 06:13 AM
Original Poster

Philippines -- May-June 2010

Anyone planning on being in the Philippines in May or June 2010? I am planning on traveling on Luzon and Palawan and staying about 6 weeks. I will try to hit some of the main festivals. Right now I am planning on going alone, however I am interested to hear about anyone else who is going and see if we would be compatible travel buddies. I am 22 and female and am interested primarily in female travelmates.
Feb 3rd, 2010, 04:05 AM

Alone and female on Palawan- not a good idea as the rebels are still active in that area. Don't risk it. We have been to the Philippines 3 times having family both here and there that are Philippino and they advise against it.
Mar 11th, 2010, 03:07 PM

Kiwi I think you better visit Siargao Island in the Philippines too. There's place there named Sohoton Cove and it is just enthralling. For pictures of the place, just visit http://www.glennmarkdizon.wordpress.com. The place is just breathtaking!
Apr 13th, 2010, 02:09 AM

Hi Kiwi, traveling to Luzon and Palawan would be great for a female like you. Palawan has almost 700 islands so i suggest you try in Puerto Princesa (known as the cleanest island in PH)

As well, Luzon region is safe. being careful in the PH is just as doing the same in other Asian cities.

If you have 6 weeks then go to Bohol, Cebu and Romblon. They have the most pristine blue waters. I would know because my parents are traveling around these islands as we speak and instead of going to Canada for vacation, I'm going back to my home country to do the same and I can't wait!
Apr 28th, 2010, 09:10 AM

Hiya

I'm looking at going to japan or the phillaphines around the 19th of may. Have you made any plans yet? I'm 23 female also would prefer to travel with someone
Apr 30th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Hi Liz,

I have made many plans! So you are arriving around the 19th. Hmm... I am planning on being in Banaue then in Northern Luzon. I will then be Bontoc and Sagada and circle back for a day to Manila on the 25th(?) in order to fly out to Palawan. I will be there about 10 days and then go to Tacloban on Leyte and then to Samar. I definitely have places and things I want to hit! Let me know more of what you're up to. (FYI I won't be on the computer much once I leave for the Philippines on May 5th.)
May 8th, 2010, 08:30 AM

Make sure you can stay 6 weeks. Check your visa requirements.