Phi Phi Princess

Search

Phi Phi Princess

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2003, 04:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phi Phi Princess

Has anyone stayed here recently on Koh Phi Phi Island?
Looking for nice bungalows on the beach.
Old Nov 9th, 2003, 07:52 PM

I haven't been to Phi Phi for over a year but hear it is packed out now ( even a 7-11! ). I would check for latest reviews from people who have stayed there, try this site for Phi Phi and Krabi and click on the 'Reviews' heading on top left of the price/rate listings.

http://www.freewebs.com/koh_samui_hotels/krabi.htm
Old Nov 9th, 2003, 11:01 PM

I'll be staying there in mid-February. If your schedule allows you to ask about it then, I'll be happy to let you know my impression.
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 09:19 AM

I stayed at Phi Phi Island Village. It was very nice bungalows,private,good food,clean beach.I'd def. go back again.

Had a boat ride to the other side of the PP island one night (which a staff member recommended)for shopping & to take a look at other resorts...all I can say is YUCK!
Like two different worlds.

There is an alley that runs between the resorts w/ cats, mice and vendors selling cheap souveniers. Bars blasting music and the resorts/motels were just plain nasty.
Ate dinner that night at one of the "nicer motels" and got to watch a cat toss a rat around while I tried to swallow my meal. ewww....we never laughed so hard!
Can't really comment on PP Princess, but I would recommend PP Island Village or possibly Holiday Inn which is down the beach from it. They are both far from the motels I just mentioned!
Old Nov 20th, 2003, 05:21 AM

I can't comment on PP Island Village or the Holiday Inn because I didn't go to that end of the Island. If you decide to stay in the area where the shops are, I would recommend Phi Phi Princess. I stayed in a bungalow there in May 2002 and it was the nicest of the places I saw in that area. It's in a great location, has a fantastic beach, and is close to the shops and town. There were lots of cats, although we didn't see any mice or other creatures.