Koh Phi Phi-Best Place to stay?

Feb 14th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Original Poster

Koh Phi Phi-Best Place to stay?

My husband and I (we're in our early 50's) will be in Koh Phi Phi in July for 4 nights and want to stay somewhere luxurious but not CRAZY expensive--$200-300/night (this is low season so i think that should get us someplace nice). What are your thoughts? Zeavola? Holiday Inn? somewhere else? Let us know!!!
Feb 14th, 2010, 09:25 PM

Hi Sue, we are currently at Holiday Inn, Phi Phi.
Look no further....this resort is still absolutely paradise. Quite stunning.....even though this is our umpteenth visit. Every time we come here, I wonder if the magic will have gone....but no...it's still probably the best place to stay at Phi Phi. July is fine here.
Feb 15th, 2010, 07:48 AM

I think it's universally accepted that Phi Phi Island Village and Holiday Inn are the two best choices on the island. Zeavola, from what I understand, has suffered immensely as of late due to management changes and shoddy service.
Feb 15th, 2010, 10:43 AM

Couldn't find Phi Phi Island Village in Fodors. Is it Phi Phi Village resort? i've read good and bad about Holiday Inn resort and was surprised to see Zeovola isn't so great. What are most luxurious options?
Feb 15th, 2010, 03:49 PM

There are many threads about it. When you search, click on 'advanced search', then type in Phi Phi Island Village or PPIV and make sure 'Search full topic and replies' is checked underneath the search bar.

But in the meantime, here's the TA reviews:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...a-Bangkok.html

The 2 most 'luxurious' resorts are PPIV and Holiday Inn. Again, Zeavola was once up there but they get middling-to-bad reviews more often than not lately.

We've been to PPIV and absolutely loved it--and LeighTravelClub, as you've seen, is an avid Holiday Inn fan. Look into both of these resorts--you won't go wrong.
Feb 15th, 2010, 03:50 PM

..oh, and when you search, make sure you backdate the search a few years. For some reason, Fodors search results default for only 1 year back.
Feb 15th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Original Poster

filmwill and all responders-
Thanks so much for your advice. I'm pretty sure that we'll land at the PP Island Village based on everything I've seen. We haven't made the reservation yet, but that's looking like the best bet. Holiday Inn got some pretty bad reviews and Zeovola seemed like there were too many issues given the very high price tag. We are so excited! Now I need to just do some research on jellyfish before i can completely relax!
Feb 16th, 2010, 11:31 AM
rsn

My husband and I were faced with the same debate. We actually booked with Zeavola and then cancelled our reservation based on extremely bad reviews. We have heard the same as Filmwill - that Zeavola has changed management and is not doing well.

We have decided to stay at Phi Phi Island Village after hearing some extremely positive reviews from friends who stayed there last year.

But, having said that, I think between PP Island Village and HI you cannot go wrong.