Reload this Page >

Personal Injury, Malaysian Airlines

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 06:37 PM
hurtperson

I was injured (not seriously) as I left a Malaysian airlines flight. The aero bridge facility was very wet due to rain leaking in, when I then walked on the marble (?) hallway where the floor was wet, I slipped and fell. I injured my hip, knee and wrist. I phoned Mal. Air the next day to report this and they basically blew me off. They said once you have left their airplane they have no responsibility. I phoned the Malaysian airport authority and they say, it's up to the airline to inform them of dangerous conditions.\<BR><BR>My question to you kind folk, is: should I do anything else , and if so what? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers, hurtperson

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 08:39 PM
Sarah Rey

Walkways when wet and even more so aircraft steps can be very dangerous. It amazes me the size of the 'gaps' between the airbridge and the aircraft door, often several inches. It is the last thing you have or your mind when boarding or leaving. If you are still in KL then I would ask the hospital/doctor to guide on this, or simply try again. I know there are expert ways to 'complain' to an airline. It depends what you are looking for. Payment of your medical bills and a gesture of goodwill should be sufficient, I do not hold with trying to get money out of everyone for a simple mistakes/minor accident, but from your tone it seems you are just upset that no-one seems to care! I would push this. As I say, the connections at airbridges and even more so aircraft steps when wet are dangerous.<BR>I hope another poster can help you in more practical terms as to how to handle this issue.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 09:31 PM
Pete

From what you describe, I think the airlines doesn't have the responsibility on that, since the aerobridge and the airport facilities do not belong to them. You should try to talk with the airport authority.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 03:56 AM
Gabriel

Suggest you write to the letters page Business Traveller magazine , a Hong Kong based magazine that caters to business travellers. Airlines/ hotels in Asia either monitor or are contacted by the magazine in cases of customer dissastifaction and the response is usually swift.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 05:56 PM
hurt person

Thanks so much for your replies. Quite true, I am not looking for any exhorbitant compensation. I thought they would want to know about the accident, make a gesture of good will and hear the idea I had which might prevent such accidents in the future.<BR><BR>Thanks again, I will write the Business Traveller. Cheers, M.