Search

Peace Resort: Standard bungalow

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peace Resort: Standard bungalow

Hi
My husband and I are going to Thailand for 3 weeks in April, and staying for five nights in Koh Samui. (This is our only beach time for the trip.)

After much internet surfing, we decided on the Peace Resort. (Thanks to all for your recs). Unfortunately, the only units left are the Standard Bunglow. THere isn't a lot of info about these units -- does anyone know if they are ok? We had been hoping for a beachfront, or perhaps a superior garden.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 04:29 PM

we stayed there in a beach front bungalow...

now sure which was standard...they are lined up sort of in rows as you move back from the sea....the ones in the very back are tiny....some have outdoor bathrooms....

there is a map on their site and maybe they can tell you which is the standard room...

we did say to ourselves that if we were near the back (closest to the road) that there would not be much air circulation....just a thought...
\
the place is very nice...great restaurant which is reasonable and fabulous pool and near to town
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 06:29 PM

I agree with everything rhkkmk wrote. We stayed in a beachfront bungalow also, but when I initially tried to make the reserv. through precision or huahin they only had standard rooms. I was told they wouldn't be big enough for 2 adults and 2 children. I contacted the Peace Resort directly (by phone and email) and they were able to give us a beachfront room at the same price. I would suggest trying to book through the resort. Contact Duangta at 66-77-425-357. You have to dial international code first. I have the email of [email protected] but not sure if that is correct.
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies...

I am emailing directly with the resort, so (unfortunately!) a standard bungalow is all they have.

I think I'll try either the Zazen or the Baan bophut instead.
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 12:41 PM

zazens rooms are not too nice
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Really?? Ouch! Have you had a chance to look at them? Also - same deal with Zazen, only the standard bungalows left.

Baan Bophut is getting some good reviews... but I gather the beach isn't as nice at that end.

Darcie