Pattaya or Phuket?

Search

Pattaya or Phuket?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pattaya or Phuket?

My friends and I are panning our first trip to Thailand next winter. We are going to get away from the cold rainy and snowy weather here in the states. We want to see the sights you know temples, kick boxing, elephant, swimming, jet skiing, and the night life. Like I said I have never been there so I have been doing some research over the past couple months and have found Phuket and Pattaya. Phuket seems to be a touristy trap area where prices seem to be higher than the rest of Thailand. Phuket also has some of the most beautiful beaches I have seen in my researching. Pattaya is way more cost effective in almost everything I have seen. I have read some comments on Pattaya beaches so i researched them and found the looked alot like California beaches or Mexico beaches. Is this true? We plan on coming for two weeks. I plan to bring $2500 with me. How would that fair in Phuket V's Pattaya?
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 11:56 PM

One is sleazy,and one has been taken over by the Russians thus pushing the prices up to almost double what you can expect in most of Thailand.

Just book your flights to BKK, and spend a couple of months on the Trip Advisor forums. You'll soon be able to put together something better and far more interesting that what you're considering so far.
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 05:49 AM

take a look at krabi as an alternative....

pattaya is noted primarily for the sex trade..

we love khao lak, 1 1 hour drive north of Phuket..

hua hin, just south of Bangkok is very nice too.

$2500 should be more than fine excluding airfare.

look at air asia for internal flts.
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 05:53 AM

I prefer Phuket. Pattaya is known for its bar girls and partying atmosphere. Pattaya beach is not the scenic Asian location that you hope to find. Phuket has many beautiful quieter beaches that are not over run by tourists (or Russians). $2500 would go further in Pattaya, most likely, unless you get scammed out of your money by con artists. You don't mention your age, and perhaps you really are looking for the party atmosphere of Pattaya. You are going during peak season, so yes, prices will be higher. Beaches will be more crowded.