paging BOSTONHARBOR

Search

paging BOSTONHARBOR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paging BOSTONHARBOR

Loved reading your India blog from 2006, but the photo site you refer to seems to be defunct. Is there another way to see your pix?
thanks,
J
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 07:21 PM

Hi Tucsonbaby, alas after countless hours of posting and editing my India photos, the company "Photosite" went under. Since that trip I have focused on my later photos to Vietnam, Cambodia etc. and my India pictures live quietly on my hard drive. However, you have spurred me to get my India pictures back up. I have some really wonderful shots and I need to get them back up.

I'll work on them and post to this thread when they are back up. Thanks.

PS, are you planning a trip to India? It is a simply marvelous place and you can't take a bad picture--too many colors and smiling faces.

Oh, I just remembered, I can send you my photos in PDF format if you would like. I have a file already made up with my best shots with annotation. Send me a note at:
<i>patpom (at)ceoexpress (dot)com</i> and I'll send it to you.
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 10:28 AM

Hi BostonHarbor. Just read your trip report, which was marvelous, and would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see your photos as well. Hope this spurs you on to repost them. Let us know when you do!
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 08:59 AM

BostonHarbor,

Please, please re- post your India pictures. We thoroughly enjoyed your pictures of Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. They really prepped us for the trip and at some points I had to tell myself that we were doing OUR trip and not YOUR trip (when I thought we were going to miss out on a site), so I never quite got a good picture of pigs in transit and a couple of other thing. However, I really got a picture we really like of the whistle selling lady (amazing what $1 will do) and we were the only ones at the conical hat stop to be on the ground photographing incense sticks.

Now we are looking forward to India and would like to see your pictures in our anticipation stage.

Thanks.
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 11:30 AM

OK BostonHarbor.. I gotta find this travel information of which everyone speaks.. where is it? If I search Fodors will I find it??
I am leaving for India on September 21st which is a mere 65 days away (ah but who is counting??) I will search for your info but I would LOVE to see any pictures you have handy!
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 01:48 PM

Here's the link to the report:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34735757

Have a great trip, Thyra!
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 11:14 AM

Ok, I am quite flattered that you want to see my photos and I have been promising forever to get them back up since @#%&amp; Photosite closed down.

So, tonight, I'm watching Criterion's &quot;The Last Emporer&quot; with popcorn and some sort of alcoholic beverage, and during the movie I'm going to multitask and get my India photos up and posted.

I'll post the link here and on my original trip report.

Thanks for the kick
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 12:58 PM

Yay! Thank you BostonHarbor. We are eagerly awaiting. Enjoy the Last Emperor!
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 04:04 AM

OK, I uploaded all my India pictures again last night during my multitasking movie-watching. I decided to forgo the alcohol part of the multi tasking as Boston Harbor feared many of you know which fort actually goes in which city .

Below is the link to the album in the order of my journey. At the end of the Varanasi album, I have a set of very short videos of Varanasi street life, morning in the mist on the Ganges and listening to the chanting in the mosques in the early morning. I took them mainly so that I could remember the cacophony and sensations of this indescribable place. For those of you who have been to Varanasi you will smile. For those of you who haven't been there yet, they will give you a good sense of what you are in for in this astounding city.

<b>Incredible India Album:</b>
http://photo-url.com/India

OK, now, I have to get my China and Cuba pictures back up. Hopefully this photo service will stay in business All my albums (eventually) can be found here: http://photo-url.com/MyPhotos
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 06:30 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for taking the time to repost your photos Boston Harbor. We enjoyed them very much and it has helped build our excitment and anticipation for own own upcoming trip. LOVED the video clips from Varanasi. Fabulous! Now that its done you can imbibe. If I were there I would treat you to one as a thank you. Guess I will have to enjoy one here for you instead. Cheers!
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 08:20 PM

I'm thrilled you enjoyed them Travelaw. Today there was a thunderstorm of major proportions in Boston, so I stayed home and captioned all the photos--so you can tell what was going on.

I even put some Indian music to the slideshow (which you can easily turn off, but the music is fun)

I'm glad you liked the little videos of Varanasi. I have a digital SLR, but I always take a point and click with me so that I can capture videos. Sometimes a movie will tell the story better than a photo and the sounds of Varanasi is one of those times.

You will love your trip in India. When are you going?

Old Jul 21st, 2008, 09:27 AM

OMG!! I just started but had to stop and then get my husband to watch with me.. just spectacular, and worth everyone &quot;bugging&quot; you to post them again. I really really enjoyed this!!!! What am I at now, like 60 days even!! This is great! Thanks!!
Old Jul 21st, 2008, 10:13 AM

i just started to watch again and it is simply fantastic....i had forgotten how wonderful the pics are and i love the movies...they add so much and are so realistic...

lets go back!!!

bob
Old Jul 21st, 2008, 10:28 AM

I like the added music Boston Harbor. It definitely puts you in the Indian mood. We will be in India just about all of December. I still have a bunch of things to do to get ready. Did you all get vaccinations or take malarone? Dealing with that is still on my list, as is purchasing a new digital camera. I really prefer film, but considering we are going to be there for a month, I basically can't afford to go the film route. Its just getting so expensive to get all my photos printed and put on CDs, especially when most people will view them online anyway. I just don't even know where to start to figure out what kind of camera to get, but I know I want more pixels and a decent wide angle zoom. And I want to practice on it before I go.

Thanks again for getting your photos back up. They're great.
Old Jul 21st, 2008, 06:33 PM

Hi Travelaw, Regarding vaccinations and meds, I already had my Hep A/B immunization from long ago. You should get them regardless since you travel a lot. I took Typhoid pills (better than injection as it lasts years longer). I took Malarone, but only saw mosquito's in Varanasi.

I don't use deet as I hate it. I use Cutter picarden. Tests show it is as good and it has no smell and isn't greasy. You need to put it on a bit more often than deet, but they have these great tiny 3oz bottles you keep in your purse or pocket.

Regarding cameras, you won't know yourself after using a digiatl camera for a bit. I own a 12 megapixel Nikon SLR with an 18-200 VR (vibration reduction) Lense--a fabuoulous lens. I am also never without my point and click, an 8 megapixel Powershot. It is great for movies and for wandering about when you don't want a three pound camera around your neck (like when you are going to dinner--wrecks the outfit). Beween the two, I have everything covered.

The 18-200 Nikor lens is amazing. Expensive, but oh, so good.
Old Jul 24th, 2008, 09:14 AM

Boston Harbor, thanks for the vaccination advice -- and the camera info. Very helpful. The two camera plan sounds like a great idea.
Old Aug 15th, 2008, 02:21 AM

Lovely photos Boston Harbour. I especially enjoyed the one of you with the Maharajah of Jodhpur. I knew him in the 60s as he was at school in England with my brother, who then stayed with him in Jodhpur in the 80s.

I will hope to visit Jodhpur next February but do not think I dare ring up the Maharajah after all these years. I don't think he would remember me.

Thanks again for your photos and short videos of Varanasi.