Search

Should I reserve a balloon safari…??

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I reserve a balloon safari…??

"Hi everyone -
I was debating whether to spend money to reserve a balloon safari for our trip to Rajasthan next year. Am father of two boys who love adventure. Though my wife is a bit prone to motion sickness, i don't know whether it would be worth the while for me. Does anyone have any positive/negative experiences about balloon safaris in Jaipur ? Please share..
Old Sep 11th, 2010, 11:26 AM

No personal experience, but it looks AMAZING!!!! I had already planned to try it when i eventually get to Rajasthan (two trips away...next trip to India is Assam and Sikkim).
Have you read the website's description? I love that the people where you touch earth come over to greet you!
Old Sep 11th, 2010, 03:32 PM

I've taken two hot air balloon trips in my life, both in Indiana, not India. What I've observed is that the departure location is pre-determined, but the landing spot is a bit dicey. Your balloon will land where the winds may take you. Make sure you will be happy with where that might be. Also, balloons aren't big enough to transport you and your whole family. You might have to do it with each son separately.
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 02:46 PM

Received 33 Likes on 2 Posts
The balloon I rode in Egypt was plenty large enough for your family. It held 8 plus the "driver" and was one of the smaller balloons in the group. Several appeared to hold around 16-20 people.
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 01:54 AM
Original Poster

Thank you guys for this feedback. Am going ahead and looking forward to my adventure in the air. Will mail back.
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 10:49 AM

Took a balloon ride in Turkey - amazing. Am going to look in to this for my India trip in February. Our balloon in Turkey held about 16 people - no problem!