Our tour got cancelled

Old Sep 22nd, 2001, 01:31 PM
Kathleen

Our tour got cancelled

My mom and I just found out that they cancelled our tour to Thailand. So we won't be going there at all.

Old Sep 22nd, 2001, 01:37 PM
Kathie

I'm sorry that your tour got cancelled. When were you going and what tour company was it?

Old Sep 22nd, 2001, 05:33 PM
Kathleen

The tour we were going on is Collete Tours from the States. WE live in Canada.
The tour would have been from November 29th - December 12th.

Old Sep 22nd, 2001, 06:33 PM
andrew

Collete does not do much volume to Thailand. If you are still interested, suggest that you contact Pacific Delight Tours ... their number is 1-800-221-7179.

Old Sep 22nd, 2001, 08:43 PM
taurus

We are going to Hong Kong and Thailand the end of October for 22 days with Grand Circle Travel and the tour has not been cancelled. In fact I spoke with them today, and all their tours are on time. Suggest you contact them 1-800-321-2835-they do a lot of tours to Thailand

Old Sep 22nd, 2001, 09:27 PM
Pas

I would imagine that tours will be cancelled if many of the people taking the tours cancel, thus making them uneconomic. Probably tours that will take place soon are less likely to be cancelled, since they have already been paid for and most likely have heavy penalties for cancellation. This may not be the case with tours that are not scheduled for a few months.

Old Sep 24th, 2001, 11:54 AM
Dianne

I did Cosmos' Magical Thailand last year and I notice they have a Nov.24 departure. Maybe you could check if this departure is running and has space. Cosmos is a budget company, but their Thailand tour stays at 3-5 star hotels and they were more than adequate. The price is good, even in Canadian dollars, and Thailand is beautiful in November (just after the rainy season). It was really hard coming back to a drab Canadian winter after spending time in that colorful country.

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 11:51 AM
Pas

I just read today that some of the major American tour companies have been negotiating new lower rates with hotels and airlines in South East Asia and Europea. APparently they are intending in the next few weeks to come out with bargain basement prices to encourage people to travel. It might be worth inquiring about these.

The same is happening in Europe with airlines like Ryanair now offering intra-European flights for between $1 and $20.

With fewer people travelling in every part of the world, planes and airports half empty and such great bargains, I cannot wait to start availing of the opportunity while it lasts.