osaka to beijing

Search

osaka to beijing

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
osaka to beijing

Need to get from Osaka to Beijing in July. My agent tells me it costs about AUD1400 for the two hour flight! This is the amount I would pay to fly from Australia to Japan. Can somebody PLEASE tell me there is an alternative! When there are five of us, it would certainly burn a hole in the pocket. Thanks ever so much in advance!
Old May 23rd, 2006, 01:34 AM

AUD 1400 total, or per person? A roundtrip to Beijing runs between 20,000 yen and 120,000 yen or more per person...depends on day of departure and length of stay. There are discount agents in Japan that sell cheap tickets...thing is you often have to pay in cash in person or by bank transfer and the tickets can't be changed or cancelled for any reason without losing all or most of your money. Trade offs.

The most economical way may well be to buy a single ticket from home to Japan to China to home..a circle ticket.

From your past post, it seems to me that your travel agent isn't giving you very good prices...you might want to try another agent.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 03:20 AM

I did a search of consolidators for you on www.tour.ne.jp - the cheapest prices come up on here 99% of the time...hard to beat their listings in other words. The best price in the month of July is 60,000 yen round trip Osaka - Beijing - Osaka. However, unless you can read Japanese, you can't use the site. You could try HIS travel, No. 1 Travel, IACE...any of those big travel agencies that deal in discount tickets for foreign residents...they speak English. I still think your best bet might be to get your ticket all in one...the circle ticket I mentioned.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 03:26 AM

So, if the 1400 AUD is per person, your agent is charging you roughly double what I can see on offer here. Really, I'd shop around for a new agent...this is the same agent who was quoting you the astronomical train ticket prices, right? Quite a mark up.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 08:45 AM

That's about the cost of a full-fare one-way coach ticket. I don't think the agent is marking it up, just that they don't have access to discount fares. But you do need to look for another agent, I guess.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 05:11 PM
Original Poster

Oh, so sorry, the AUD1400 was per person. I think you are right, rkkwan, the agent do not have access to discount fares. KimJapan, I did have the full round trip costed out and asked for a breakdown: the Osaka -Bejing almost equals the Sydney-Tokyo, Shanghai- Sydney sector. That makes me think this 2 hour flight from Osaka to Beijing is getting to sound very ridiculous! Must be a cheaper way, however, I can't wait to buy the ticket for this sector when I get to Tokyo as I would not be allowed to enter Japan without showing an exit ticket.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 08:58 PM

I'll recommend you find another agent again. Different agencies, even different agents themselves, can get different deals. You want an agent who can get you discount fares for your whole trip. Call around. Call the student travel companies. Try some agents who specialize in Asia. I can't think of any reason to pay full fare for a holiday ticket planned in advance.