on the go tours - Vietnam

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2017, 03:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone used them please? We have a tour booked with them commencing in a couple of weeks and they have flatly refused to give us an accurate itinerary - ie will not tell us which hotels we are staying in. I have challenged them on this but they insist it is unnecessary until we arrive in Vietnam. I am not a child going on a surprise trip - we have paid a lot of money and now have huge concerns about the attitude. Does anyone have a similar experience with them or a competitor please
Thanks
Old Feb 7th, 2017, 04:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No. Why on earth did you pay them anything without a full itinerary?
Old Feb 7th, 2017, 07:55 AM

No, and suggest you cancel them right away if they are so difficult to deal with. In November we stayed in Hanoi at the year-old Marvellous Hotel http://www.hanoimarvelloushotel.com/ truly marvellous, will handle all your travel needs including tours in Vietnam.
Old Feb 7th, 2017, 08:26 AM

The local tour company I am using in 2 weeks, Custom Vietnam Tours gave me a very detailed day by day itinerary. All they asked for was a $500 payment to cover hotel deposits.

Looks like you chose a bad company. Too bad you didn't research more before you sent them money, if you did.
Old Feb 7th, 2017, 10:57 AM

I agree - cancel them immediately. There are quite a number of good tour companies in VN, and they will be far less expensive than a company located outside VN. No reason to put up with this company jerking you around.
Old Feb 7th, 2017, 11:23 AM

Cancelling the trip may not be great advice if you "have paid a lot of money" . It could be better to wait and see. Do you have actual details of the company concerned e.g. A web address?

A quick search revealed only a UK based company. If it is that one then they are members of ABTA and you will have redress through them if things go wrong.

If you have paid by cc then the credit card company have a joint and several liability so you could have redress through them.

A lesson to be learned is NEVER pay money to a foreign travel operator in advance.

Hope you get it sorted. Do let us know.
Old Feb 7th, 2017, 07:18 PM

All foreign travel companies I've used expected a deposit, and I've never had a problem with that. How else are they to get commitments from hotels, guides, whatever. And how else do they have the assurance of their client not being a no-show after their work on the client's behalf.

That said, this company sounds outrageous! Of course they should gladly tell you the hotels you're to be put in, that you will pay for. It is your trip!! How else are you to know if you might want to change to another hotel?

If they give you any backtalk about cancelling, email them with the phone numbers you intend to call to lodge complaints. Depending where they are based, check numbers for the local tourist authority, department of consumer affairs, ,attorney general , etc. You'll get your money back.
Old Feb 8th, 2017, 07:46 AM

https://www.onthegotours.com/Contact-Us
Old Feb 9th, 2017, 03:00 PM

Any progress with the tour company? This is your first post here and Fodorites are a helpful group and we'd like to hear back from the OP (original poster).
Old Feb 9th, 2017, 09:17 PM

I was wondering all along if this was authentic, and kind of hoping it's not.