Night Markets in Hong Kong

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2004, 07:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where are the Night Markets in HongKong? Where to find cheap and nice clothing? What time does the Night Markets close? Me will be going to hong kong next friday and will be staying along Nathan Road.
Thks
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 08:03 PM

We went to the Temple Street Night Markets (opens around 6pm) right near the Tin Hau Temple. Not sure when it closes. We bought copy designer stuff, dvd's, t-shirts etc., all very, very cheap. The food stalls were great and neither of us had any side effects the next day (if you get my drift!) If you want cheap nice clothes check out Ocean Terminal & Harbour City. Buy a good guide book like Lonely Planet's Condensed pocket guide US15. Nathan Road has heaps of specialty shops, also look for Lane Crawford dept stores & Marks & Spencer. You can shop till you drop both sides of the harbour! We like Stanley Market for Nike sportswear, copy Rugby jumpers, souvenirs etc. My work colleague (in 2002) was Hong Kong Chinese and he shops at Stanley! The bus trip alone is worth the trip! Hong Kong is not as cheap as Shanghai or Bangkok, however quality is usually very good. Enjoy yourself!
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 08:41 PM

The other place is the so-called Ladies' Market on Sai Yeung Choi Street South in Mong Kok. It runs about 4-5 blocks long, and it's two blocks east of Nathan Road. Very easy to find.
Old Oct 24th, 2004, 09:21 AM

Granville Road in Tsim Sha Tsui has a number of factory outlet stores. Just be sure to check the whole garment for flaws.

"Tex"
www.12hk.com - The Unofficial Guide on Hong Kong
Old Oct 24th, 2004, 05:20 PM

Hi tracy....the Temple Street markets are the night markets but I am not sure If Stanley markets are open at night...I have an idea they are not ( others may know). Where are you staying in Nathan Road as Temple street markets are near the top part of that road.Enjoy !
Old Oct 24th, 2004, 05:38 PM

We've shopped at Stanley only during the day. "Where to find cheap nice clothing?" was one of the questions posted by tracy90.