Search

Nice resorts?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2000, 11:43 PM
Jan Jansen

Nice resorts?

Could anyone please give me some info about the Allamanda Laguna Phuket, the Krabi Resort and the Khao Lak Laguna resort. Planning to go there May next year. Are they nice with good pools, rooms and surroundings and do they have good beaches. Or are there better places to stay. How will the wheather be in May, only rain?

Old Jul 12th, 2000, 05:41 AM
JS

Jan, <BR>I did not stay at Khao Lak Laguna when i when for a short stay in Phang-nga, but i did spend some hours there. It is indeed really nice, with pool, and see front, so you will have quite a private beach for your trip. It is very popular for foreign tourists, especially german or scandinavian. When you arrive next May, the bazaar should have been finished, and you may get either a good deal of sunshine,or some light rain. It will not rain so hard though in May. <BR> <BR>Enjoy your time.

Old Jul 12th, 2000, 11:44 AM
Karen

I stayed at the Allamanda last March for a few days. The rooms are suites - living room, kichen and bedroom with patios/decks. Most of the buildings are back up to the Banyan Tree golf course, so the surroundings are quite nice. For the price (around $100/night), it was a fantastic place to stay. Since the Allamanda is not directly on the sea, you'll have to either walk or take a tram to the Sheraton or one of the other hotels to go to the beach. You can use the pool facilities at the other hotels also. The beaches are beautiful, but people will constantly try to sell you things. <BR> <BR>Have fun! <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 13th, 2000, 11:09 AM
bruno wiesendanger

Hallo Jan <BR> <BR>we stayed in 2 of the resorts you mentioned. My favourite one would be the Khao Lak Laguna Resort. Khao Lak is not yet so overrun by people like Phuket and Ao Nang in Krabi. By the way in Khao Lak there are at least 5 to 6 other bungalows, which are cheaper than the Laguna Resort. If you go to Krabi <BR>then try your luck at the Railey Beach (just 10 minutes by boat from AoNang beach) Railey is still worth to stay some days (many bungalows and a 1. class hotel on it Dusit Rajavadee Hotel) <BR>In Phuket we stay all the time at the Pearl Village Hotel (in the middle of a National Parque just 10 mns from the airport). I wish you good luck. Bruno <BR>

Old Oct 5th, 2000, 10:48 AM
Ilona

Hallo Jan, <BR>we stay in Khao Lac Laguna Resort last year in November for 3 weeks. The hotel is beautiful an all the people there were very kind. The restaurant is good but you can also eat in the little foodstalls on the beach.There ara only a few resorts in this area and therefor on the beach there is no trouble. There is a diving shop near by the hotel and so you can book diving tours to the ilands. <BR>If you want to take a bus for going anywhere, it is no problem becauce every hour there go buses in all directions. The actuell times you get at the reception. <BR>If you want more infos, send me a e-mail. <BR>Nice holidays