Nice Beach In Bali

Search

Nice Beach In Bali

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice Beach In Bali

There must be a nice beach in Bali, right? I am not looking for busy, surfers beach but rather a clean one, hopefully with white sand ... Just like from postcards. Are there any nice beaches in Bali? Some snorkoling and underwater activities are possible as well. Thank you all in advance for your inputs!
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 02:16 PM

contrary to most people's thinking, bali is not all about the beach.... the beaches are ok, but not fabulous....

i like the beaches around sanur however... plus i really like the beach.... the beaches north of kuta are pleasant as well...
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 02:35 PM

The south west coast of Bali is a continuous surfing beach: from Kuta north to Legian, Seminyak all the way to Canggu.

I'd head for Seminyak. Big waves, busy, plenty of surfers. Postcards aside, Bali doesn't have white powdery sand. Seminyak is, well, sand colored. The resorts keep their beach areas clean, but the public areas can be less so.

Good snorkling and SCUBA can be found but in a totally different area, middle eastcoast and northwest corner.
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 06:26 PM

Bali is full of some very different beaches, with sand ranging from almost white to black. Sanur is a pretty nice beach with a laid back atmosphere and good for swimming. Although I like the Seminyak area, I'd have to say the beach doesn't fit your bill at all.

If you want a real 'get away from it all' beach, you can try Balangan in the far south. It's popular with local surfers, but can be near deserted on a weekday.

For underwater activities you might want to consider Amed or Pemuteran.
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 07:19 PM

there are also lots of very heavy surf situations which you should be careful of
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 11:12 PM

Sorry I misread your post. For an unpopulated, pristine white sand surfing beach you may have to try another island. Look at G-land in Java, Kuta in Lombok or Nihiwatu in Sumba.

Bali has some great surfing, even professional level at Ulu Watu, but the big wave beaches are lively and well traveled.