new EVA 'Elite' class - 777

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 04:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi - interested to hear whether anyone has travelled yet on EVA's new 777 planes (introduced a couple of months ago I think). Evergreen Deluxe is now called Elite and is meant to be slightly different - interested to hear anyone's views. First is now called Premium Laurel btw.

Thanks
Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 07:18 AM

Here's a review:

www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4669566

BTW, Premium Laurel replaces Super Business. These are 3-class planes and don't have a true First Class.
Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 08:42 AM

Thank you so much for the info, i read the link and discovered that i am totally booked into the wrong seats so hopefully if i ring the office tomorrow and change location!
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 08:15 AM

I've just phoned eva and they cant (or won't, don't know which)change my seat position. Has anyone any other info or ideas?
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 08:18 AM

Are you flying elite or premium Laurel?
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 10:09 PM

Premium Laurel
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 11:42 PM

Hi Deebee

I only ask cause on the Eva website it says if you want to change your seats after booking them online you can? what did they say?
I am also flying PL in Nov and have pre booked my seats and i too am a bit concerned after reading that link above.Although am not too sure what would be good or bad seats??? hopefully thay are all comfy!! I think i am the last row of PL (looks like i could be in for poor service!!!) Is that your concern too?
What seats do you have?
Smeagol
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 11:04 PM

yes we have booked the last two rows in PL (four of us!!) they gave me the impression that they were fully booked and couldn't change my seats! it sounds from the review on the other website as if the larger cabin is the place to be for service and to get away from the trolley noise and hustle and bustle etc.
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 11:56 PM

Deebee
Are you flying on one of the new 777's? and when do you fly?
I will try and ring them in the next few days and see if they will let me change.
Not sure which part of the world you are from but i will ring my local UK office and let you know how i get on...
Although i have a feeling it will be a no cause i got my tickets on special offer!!

Regards
Jane
Old Oct 5th, 2005, 12:19 AM

We fly on the 18th December from Heathrow and yes it is one of the new planes and it was the u.k. office that i spoke to. I'm starting to relax about it now though i mean how bad can it be! i will still have the legroom and by the time i've got a movie on the screen and my headphones on i'm not really taking any notice of whats going on around me anyway i'm just such a perfectionist i always spend too much time worrying that i could have got a better seat on a plane, or a better view from my hotel room, or a better table in a restaurant and i forget to be grateful for what i've actually got, i mean its the best class seats on the plane its got to be way better than premium economy (or elite as its now known)and thats what i've flown in before. ( can you tell i'm trying really hard to convince myself that everything will be okay!!!)
Old Oct 5th, 2005, 12:31 AM

Deebee
We sound like we could be twins.. i am SO the same and yes i am going to take your sound advice and be grateful for all the lovely things i am going to do.
I go November so i will post a message to you when i get back reporting on service, seats etc would that help? and yes as long as seats are comfy and food ok who cares (i plan to catch some sleep)
Will keep you posted.
Jane
Old Oct 5th, 2005, 12:33 AM

Ps my first time with Eva, what are they like in general? (or should i make sure i eat at Chez GeraRd at LHR!!)
Old Oct 5th, 2005, 05:46 AM

I would love to hear your views about the Premium Laurel service when you get back so it would be great if you could post a report.
Regarding the food,it was fine when we flew Evergreen deluxe i mean nothing exciting but nothing awful!! i never get too excited about airplane food anyway but opening up all the little packets etc does help to pass the time!!! It was all thai food which can be a bit of a shock to the system when you've just got on a plane from gloomy old England (don't get me wrong i love thai food and as its a thai airline i should have expected it) I think Premium Laurel is proper plates and cutlery and waitress service so that will be different. I also read on the evaair wesite that you can book your meal two weeks in advance online so if you do that then it won,t come as a surprise. Anyway have a great trip and tell us all about it when you get back!!
Old Oct 5th, 2005, 08:27 AM

Deebee:

EVA Air is the official airline of Taiwan- its not Thai.