needs ideas for Thailand

Old Oct 21st, 2005, 02:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
needs ideas for Thailand

My husband and I are going to Thailand for 2 weeks the last week in Feb. We want to go to Bangkok, Chaing Mai, and to Phuket. Need some ideas where to stay near the main attactions. Price range between $60-$100 USD. Also, what are some ideas on day trips we can take from all 3 sites?
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 07:04 PM

Look under the heading " Hotels in Phuket" or try clicking this, just given some ideas for November for someone, those prices would be similar for February too:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...t=0&dirtyBit=1

Old Oct 21st, 2005, 07:15 PM

Also just did some ideas for Chiang Mai for someone, these are lower than your budget but gets you going on seeing what is available.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...t=0&dirtyBit=1

Can you give us ideas of the type of place you want to stay, for example in Chiang Mai a place very popular on this board is Baan orapin, but this is a homely style B&B sort of place ( I myself haven't stayed there but many others have ), or you may prefer a central hotel, in which case you can look at that link, if you wanted a Spa type place perhaps 20 mins from town the Jirung health resort and Spa is great value, all suite, which is about 90-125 range, but that suitable really only if you are into Spa and massage style place.

For Bangkok lots of tips will come flowing in from regulars.
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 04:56 AM

The most popular daytrips from Phuket are PP Islands & PhangNga Bay (James Bond Is) both these tours are cheap and easy to join and I recommend them for value for money and outstanding scenery. There are also many other island tours you can do from Phuket, it's easy to get the details from the countless tour agents around the island.
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both for those tips, both very helpful.