Reload this Page >

Need info about Hong Kong YMCA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2000, 09:55 AM
Krista

I have read a lot of past posts about the YMCA hotel in Hong Kong. I'm confused, though. I show there are 2-one on Salisbury Rd and one on Waterloo Rd. Which is the one everyone is recommending? <BR> <BR>Thanks

Old Jul 20th, 2000, 05:11 AM
Michael

Hi Krista, <BR> <BR>It's the one on Salisbury Road, near the Star Ferry and lots of other fun places.

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 01:45 AM
Ricky

Check the following web page: <BR>http://www.ymcahk.org.hk/sales/html/hst001e.htm

Old Aug 1st, 2000, 09:58 PM
Meri

Will travel to HK soon am wondering... just how much the Salisbury YMCA costs HK$ $150 and under is just too vague for me, that could mean $149!

Old Aug 2nd, 2000, 06:36 AM
Ricky

Check the web page I provided above. They have special rate at HK$750 (US$96) for partial harbour view room (plus 10% service charge).

Old Aug 4th, 2000, 09:52 PM
meri

I checked that web site, thats way too swank for us! we must be looking for the "other" ymca.where do students stay? bathroom down the hall type places...M-

Old Aug 5th, 2000, 10:56 PM
Michelle

Hi Meri: About 4 years ago I wrote to YMCA Hong Kong (Salisbury Road) and booked a room. Room was terrific: king-bed, overlooked the harbour, great location, however, when I booked there was no mention there was anything other than standard and de-luxe rooms. It was only while staying at the YMCA and chatting to fellow guests that I discovered, within the same building, they also have dorm rooms where you can rent a bed in a 4 room dormitory. I truly can't remember prices now, but I do remember thinking that the price of a bed in a dorm room was about one-sixth of what I paid. I suggest you get in touch and ask about the dorms.

Old Aug 11th, 2000, 01:32 AM
Lincoln

Meri, <BR>Knowing HK, HK$150 is cheap. So I assume it would not be closer than $150 than $100. Last year, I ask for the price. They said it's around HK$200.

Old Aug 11th, 2000, 01:34 PM
S

We were just at the Salisbury for three nights. Our first room faced the harbor. It was luxuriously outfitted, but a tight fit around the king size bed, desk, dresser, tv, safe, frdge, marble lined bath. <BR> <BR>Our stay on the return was a two room suite, with partial harbor view and each room was somewhat more comfortably spacious. <BR> <BR>This place is an enormous value Well situated. Do not eat there!! The discounted breakfast buffet was tired and mundane. Also, not very good! <BR> <BR>Parts of the Salisbury are quietly under renovation -- dorm rooms are closed until the fall. Our daughter had to go to Hong Kong Island for cheap, safe accommodations.

Old Aug 23rd, 2000, 09:54 AM
jasmine

Don't go to the one in Waterloo Road. I live mear that area. Terrible ! Go to the one in Salisbury Road, next to the world famous Peninsula Hotel and great harbour views.