Need hotel ideas for $40-$50 in thailand

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2007, 06:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is for my friend's daughter who will be there in December. Looking for places in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Golden Triangle, MHS and Phuket. Thanks
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 06:49 AM

You might try sawadee.com. We've used them for both trips to Thailand; they are very reliable; better prices than directly with the hotel; and provide quick responses to your requests (about 24 hrs.). You can view by each city and sort by price.
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 07:01 AM

In Phuket do they want fun and lively like patong or perhaps a but quieter though busy like Kata / Karon ?
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 07:09 AM

If they want to be right central for Chiang Mai as opposed to quieter away from city the Suriwongse has been our place for years and years, I know there are others but it's an easy decision, very close to everything, night bazaar etc, for location and price it's good

Twin/double with breakfast $35, superior 39, including tax, service, breakfast

Pics etc:http://www.r24.org/beachsiam.com/chi...ongse/details/

Recent reviews:
http://www.r24.org/beachsiam.com/chi...wongse/review/
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 07:23 AM

Suriwongwe is well worn but 3 star claimed, there is a small pool, restaurant/bars etc etc, so all hotel facilities.

On Phuket rates shoot up from around dec 20th into mid jan, if it's before Crhistmas a very good patong deal is Patong beach Lodge on Rat-U-Thit ( 2nd Road ) just over $40, about the best deal for a reasonable resort hotel with pool, there are cheaper guesthouses but thewy are furhter away so you need to tuk-tuk, and that often defeats any cost saving.

http://www.r24.org/patong-beach-hote...hlodge/review/

If for Phuket they can stretch to about $65-70 that could get them Cocount Village Resort which is a full 3 star mid range place with good pools

http://www.patong-beach-hotels.com/cheap-hotels.html

Patong does have way more 'cheaper' places that say karon/Kata where although you can find they can again be a great distance from the beach.

In Karon / Kata, cheaper places exist along Patak Road which is quite a hike from the beach area, overall prices are higher as Patong tends to need to offer more competative priced places. But if their Phukiet time is for fun that might suit.
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Original Poster

thanks-- turns out she isn't going to Phuket -- what about bangkok? That's where I'm really in a bind as to what to suggest.
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 08:37 AM

A couple that come to mind is the Bossotel Inn which is located close to the river and a short walk to the skytrain and river ferry. A std rm is around 1465 baht (44us)inc taxes/sc/breakfast through a hotel discounter. Hotel site is
http://www.bossotelinn.com/room.htm

Another is the Best Western Elegance Suites although the location is not quite as good but still walkable to a skytrain station. Can be had fo around 1760 baht for a jr suite
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 05:49 PM

bossotel is ok, but its a bit quiet, so if thats what she wants, then b is ok. i've stayed there a couple of times, and would stay again. i usually confine my activites to the river hotels and silom when i stay there. then, taking a page from guens travel log, i would change hotels to somewhere along soi 11-23 suk.

the ambassador hotel on suk, soi 11 is another good choice. good location, excellent security, close to the nana bts. i understand they are still upgrading the property. breakfast better than bossotel. i think you can get the am for about $40us, breakfast included.

there is usually a major thai craft sale there, but i'm not sure of the date. bob might know.
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 06:56 PM

If you are looking for decent rooms at sell off prices (within 10 days of booking) go to the following websites:
www.ratestogo.com
www.asiarooms.com

I found these two websites to have the best overall prices for hotels in South East Asia.