Need help with this 13 day itinerary

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2023, 06:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Below is the itinerary that I've come up with and could really use some help with a few things such as best ways to find the cheapest dates for travel based on flights. I have a window of departing between November 16th and November 28th. I also would love to have some help with finding the best vendors to do each of these activities. I want it to lean a little more luxury and I love adventure so if there is anything you see that i am missing please let me know that too. I want to focus on the most amazing views for the accommodations as well. I have a budget of $12,000 all in but don't necessarily want to bump against it either if I can avoid.

For the hotels, if there is a hotel that has a view that is simply unmatched please let me know those rooms as well and I will consider. The sametnangshe hotel has an incredible room with a view that I want to stay in. In Bangkok I only chose Hotel Indigo location because someone told me it was on the main road closest to the action.

Day 1-2 - Travel
Flight to bangkok
Check into Hotel Indigo

Days 2-5 - Bangkok
Experience largest floating market in bangkok
See wat Phra Chetuphon
Visit Siam paragon shopping mall
Visit largest shopping market in bangkok
Experience largest food market in bangkok
Fly out in the afternoon on day 5 to phucket

Days 5-9 - Phucket, Patong Beach, Kudo Hotel (Pool & Beach Suite)
Visit Walking Street market
Visit bond island using James Bond Island Luxury Sunset Cruise by provider Seanery
Visit Big Buddha

Visit phi phi islands and archipelago
Scuba dive shark point area in morning
Scuba dive in evening at kata beach
Visit monkey hill

Days 9-11 - Phang nga, stay at Sametnangshe boutique hotel (private pool villa seaview with bathtub no. 17) through night 11
Visit phang nga bay by canoe, including diamond cave. Release a Krathong at night
Visit elephant sanctuary and feed elephants
Bamboo rafting in phang nga

Day 12 and beyond - Travel home to Atlanta from Phucket

Old Oct 1st, 2023, 07:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's been a while since I was in Bangkok, but I always preferred to stay by the river and use water transport whenever possible.
Old Oct 1st, 2023, 09:33 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
I agree completely with thursdaysd. I’ve stayed in several locations in Bangkok on the river & several away from it & have concluded the riverside locations are invariably far cooler & altogether more pleasant, plus the convenience of using the express boats which I love.

Old Oct 1st, 2023, 11:47 PM

Hotel Indigo is on Wireless Road which is a pretty good location, lots of restaurants around and close to the BTS for getting around the city. As with most hotels in Bangkok, if you want great views, the better rooms with the best views are usually on the higher floors and prices reflect this. Sometimes club/executive rooms can be a good deal. Staying on the river is always nice and the river buses/taxis are a great way to visit the main sights along the river like Wat Po, the Grand Palace, Chinatown etc. IME the very best views are from the Peninsula Hotel (but that is very expensive these days.

I would really take a second look at those places you have on your list for Bangkok! I wouldn't wast my time on most of them. If you want to experience one of the largest markets in the city, head out to Chatuchak market on a weekend.

For cruises around Phan Nga , check out John Grey Sea Canoes the longest established provider in the area.

Do your research on Patong Beach before choosing to stay there. It maybe what you want but maybe not.
Old Oct 2nd, 2023, 05:16 PM

I see only two full days in Bangkok which is not enough imo, even for me.
Old Oct 2nd, 2023, 07:28 PM

No need to be housed directly adjacent to the river. Hotels one kilometer away are just fine and offer much lower prices. But yes, the water buses are great.
Must caution that now the Chinese citizen is offered visa free entry to Thailand so certainly expect v large numbers of those folks at every tourist attraction. The Chinese typically travel in large groups, can be v loud, smoke cigs like crazy and will overwhelm any seafood buffet resto.