Need Help in itinery(bangkok)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi mates! Going to bangkok frm 13th to 17th oct for a total of 5 days and 4 nites and will be staying near MBK. CAn someone help me to plan a itinery for me to best enjoy bangkok? I hope to make most of my travels on foot or by skytrain as i dun really know how to take the bus and dun really have the greens to take the cab. Tks in advance for any help rendered.
Old Oct 5th, 2005, 09:33 AM

often a taxi is cheaper than any other way to travel...get a daily card for the skytrain--100B per day...

you need to tell us what you like and we can better help you but here is a list of the most popular:

jim thompson house...near to where you are staying

grand palace
v-mark palace
wat arun
wat pho
klong tour of thornburi by long tail boat
suan packard palace

you will find walking around very much is difficult because of the extreme heat and humidity...
Old Oct 5th, 2005, 02:20 PM

same as above person said but add shopping atJatuchak sat=sunday market can be reach by skytrain. and if u like shopping cloth head for Bai yok tower
Old Oct 5th, 2005, 02:55 PM

1.Grand Palace/Temple of the Emerald Buddha
2. Wat Po
3.Vimaamek Mansion
4.Jim Thompson House
5.Marble Temple
6.klong tour including Wat Arun, flower market and, if interested, royal barges
7. Chinatown
Old Oct 6th, 2005, 03:24 AM
Original Poster

Wat wld the arrangement of using a taxi be like? I wld love to eat some great but inexpensive food and shop
Old Oct 6th, 2005, 11:52 AM

The hotel you are staying at can call a taxi for you, BE CAREFUL to only used metered taxis, otherwise you run the risk of paying too much.

Great cheap thai food abounds, but sometimes the hole in the wall joints are alot better than the ritzier looking places. One hotel I remember that had a good restaurant was the Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit - it was called Basil, very good and nice ambiance, but a bit pricey for Thai standards. Also if you are around the Bangkok Mariott by the river (very nice hotel) there is a minimall across the way that has a very good authentic Thai restaurant at the end by the street, don't remember the name but alot of locals ate there and it was dirt cheap. If you don't mind forking over the dough, the BM runs a well known dinner cruise, just go to the hotel and inquire about costs, I think we paid $50 each but we found it to be worth it.

If you are in Bangkok during the weekend I highly recommend you go to Chatuchak Market, it can be overwhelming at first but you can find stunning deals on just about anything (don't forget to haggle).