need help about JR pass..it's urgent!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had already bought JR pass and I'd like to know whether I can use it on Nankai train on the day I arrive Kansai airport to Hagoromo station.
I search about JR pass so many website but still I don't understand it throughly.
I know that JR pass can be used with some local train but how should I know one I could use.

I'm going to Japan for 10 days(10-19 Apr) with my family. It's my first time for a back packing. I'm afraid that I maybe get lost on the train station. Please get me some advises.

thank you very much.
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 11:32 PM

Bonjour Himawari,

Nankai is a "private" line, you can't use the JR pass on it. It looks like you can take JR trains to go to Hagoromo, but it looks a bit complicated and involves changes in Tennoji at least.

In Kansai airport, the trains stations are very easy to find and Nankai and JR are side by side. There is almost zero chance that you could get lost. Also, in smaller station you will always find someone to help you. Get the name of your destination writen in Japanese in case you have to ask for directions.

There is a TIC booth on arrival level, I suggest you ask them to explain the best route for you before you activate your JR pass (exchange your voucher for the actual pass) at the JR counter inside the station. Don't be intimidated, they do this all the time and are used to lost, confused, and jetlagged foreigners ;-)
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 06:23 AM

Hi! do i need to reserve seats for shinkansen as well?
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 06:55 AM
emd

I don't know what particular shinkansen you are going on or when you are going, but after my expereine a few wks ago (very busy shinkansens, people standing in the unreserved cars) I will always reserve for trains, shinkansen (and other longer distance trains), if at all possible.
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 06:56 AM
emd

that should be "experience"