Need advice on traveling to Maldives

Old Jan 21st, 2022, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need advice on traveling to Maldives

Hi everyone,

Need some advice on traveling to the Maldives right now during COVID times and whether it makes sense. P2 and myself have enough points to book a 5-night stay at the Westin in an overwater villa. We will be traveling from JFK and plan to book in Economy.

While we are there it looks like we will have to restrict all our dining options at the resort. Looked for dining plans but when booking with points it doesn’t allow us to add it but when I check without points, it allows you to add a full meal plan using a special offer.

Wondering if the hotel will allow us to still add that after we book with points?

We also wanted to find out about what travel insurance is best to carry? Hoping this isn’t the case but in case we have to quarantine there for an additional period of time it could get prohibitively expensive so would like suggestions on what the best travel insurance options might be that would cover such emergency boarding and medical costs if needed.

Also we realize that traveling all the way from JFK to MLE is a long slog esp. in economy so may want to break it up with a short stay in DXB or DOH. Any suggestions on which to pick and accommodation options that wouldn’t break the bank.

Finally just want to get a general sense of whether this trip makes sense. We had initially planned on a trip to Hawaii but since the Maldives seems like a once-in-a-lifetime destination wanted to check that off the bucket list if possible.

Thanks!