Search

Mumbai to Agra

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2005, 01:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mumbai to Agra

Hi all,

End of this month I'll be going to Mumbai. From Mumbai I'm planning to go to Agra to see Taj Mahal.

I need help on what is the best way to go to Agra from Mumbai. A few questions here :

1)Bus or Train ? How long is the journey ?

2)Accomodation in Agra. Budget hotel.

Appreciate your feedback. Many thanks.

Old Sep 19th, 2005, 02:25 AM

Bus is out of the question. It has to be a train. several trains are running on this route. The fastest is the Mumbai - Nizammudin Rajdhani, starting daily from Bombay central at 17:40. But unfortunately it overshoots Agra & stops at Mathura, a good 50km from Agra. You may take a taxi & proceed to Agra. The arrival time of Rajdhani at Mathura is 9;00.
Train no. 2137 leaves leaves Bombay central at 19:05 arrives Agra 16:40 next day. there are several other daily trains, you can hunt for on trainenquiry.com
As for hotel accommodation, go in for Mansingh Palace, on Fatehabad road. Do not go in for more cheaper hotels in Agra.
Hope that helps.
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 04:56 AM

I went to Agra and back to Delhi in a day, as there was nothing else there I especially wanted to see. After learning that travelling by rail was something of a hassle, I hired a car and driver through the hotel's consierge - at a quarter the cost of the hotel's limo.
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 05:02 AM

Sorry Helmi:
A mental aberration - I'ts only just registered that you want to reach Agra from Mumbai; I can't help. It's a very long way.
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 05:14 PM

Be aware that vp_singh (legendsandpalaces) who has posted on this thread is actually a travel agent and is posting here against the rules agaist commercial advertising and promotion set forth by Fodor's.

He has already given erroneous advice on other threads here in an attempt to sell his services. There are lots of reputable travel agents in India. He is not one of them!
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 05:50 PM

fly
Old Sep 20th, 2005, 05:18 AM
Original Poster

Johnbey, Kenstee & Rhkkmk,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm worried about the train. In "Amazing Race" (TV program), while they were on train in India there were some "groping hands".

Anybody experience that ?
Old Sep 20th, 2005, 06:56 AM

No. No groping hands here. Maybe they did it for the TV show?

Anyway, I agree with the rest. Definitely fly this segment to Delhi then pre-arrange for an airport pick-up and take a car to Agra. The other alternative is to time your inbound flight to connect with a Delhi>Agra flight.
Old Sep 28th, 2005, 06:00 AM

Hi Helmi
It would be interesting to see your result of this trip I am planning to do exactly the same trip sometime during October. Please send some "good advice" regarding this ? ( maybe we can travel together ?)
Enjoy your trip