Movies from Japan and Bali

Oct 24th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Original Poster

Movies from Japan and Bali

I posted 10 Quicktime movies on my website. Six are from Japan and four are from Bali. They range in size from 1 MB to 6 MB and you can find them here, if you like:
http://www.billk.org/pages/607883/index.htm

Notes:

- in the first movie, in Gero, note that no water is flowing

- the Hawks won. The game was a milestone of some kind for the great Sadaharu Oh who is manager of the Hawks.

- the movies from Bali were taken during a parade. There was a new temple in Putu's town and they had been celebrating / dedicating for a week. The parade went from a neighboring town to Putu's town, near Ubud.
Oct 24th, 2004, 07:36 PM

wow, very neat! How come I never can figure out how to do this cool stuff??Thanks.
Oct 25th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Original Poster

It's really pretty easy, lcuy, since webhosts have set up some basic templates to use for typical purposes like photo albums. Actually had to read directions (3 min) for the first time last night to upload and link the movies.
Oct 25th, 2004, 03:36 PM
emd

Very cool. I've just watched the baseball ones so far (takes awhile to load them) buit I already have a question. What the heck is that pink thing on the woman's head at the end of the second baseball movie (the third one listed)? A pink dinosaur of some sort- or is it the hamfighter's mascot perhaps? I see you captured the many cheerleaders- they appear to be running all over the field.

I'm off to look at the rest now.
Oct 25th, 2004, 03:49 PM
emd

BTW, where did you get that good map of Hiroshima? I just realized I can't print it from your site...
Oct 25th, 2004, 04:01 PM
emd

I don't have sound on the PC I am at, so I can't hear the sound on the Gero movie. But it looks interesting; I'll have to listen on the other PC to see what the sound is. But water or no water, it is good that you waited til after you hit the button to film the main character.
Oct 25th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Original Poster

Kinda looks like a bird to me. Kawaii, desu ne?

If you right click on the popped up map, then you can save the image and print that. In the caption, I mention that it is from the book New Japan Solo.

The sound is critical to the appreciation (and understanding) of the Gero toire movie. Sound is necessary for the b-ball movies and, of course, the Nagano one.
Oct 25th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Original Poster

I posted a closeup of the control panel next to the map. That can help explain the first movie.