miyajima ferry, how late does it run

Jan 23rd, 2005, 07:42 AM
emd
Original Poster

miyajima ferry, how late does it run

Can someone give me an idea of how late the ferry from Miyajima runs going back to the terminal by Hiroshima? This would be late March time frame, if anyone has done an evening trip back from Miyajima then.
Jan 23rd, 2005, 11:22 AM

There is some (not too current) fare and schedule info on the following webpage:
http://www.hiroshima-cdas.or.jp/miya...e/price_1.html

Are you asking specifically about the hydrofoil service between Hiroshima port and Miyajima? Or the ferry between Miyajimaguchi and the island? Or both? I might have some current info in my stuff from June.
Jan 23rd, 2005, 12:39 PM
emd
Original Poster

The ferry. I didn't even know about the hydrofoil though, can you give me a site on that? Might be cool for my son who hasn't riden a hydrofoil but it's probably pricey and the ferry is of course JR.
Jan 23rd, 2005, 12:57 PM
emd
Original Poster

Cool, I see that the hydrofoil time and fee is there too.
Just what I needed- now I know I can leave Miyajima after dinner if we deciode to do that. We might do the "day trip" plans at one of the hotels where you have dinner and a soak. Thanks very much.
Jan 23rd, 2005, 12:57 PM

The schedule and prices for the ferry and the hydrofoil are on the webpage above. The column that has the hydrofoil times for Miyajima has titles in Japanese (Prince Hotel and Hiroshima titles in English). It's 1460 adult and 730 child.

I'm confused by what you mean by "terminal". Do you mean the JR Hiroshima station, the Hiroshima port, bus terminal, or what? I think you mean the JR station. The schedule shows that the last boat, the JR one, leaves Miyajima at 22:05 bound for Miyajimaguchi. You will then need to check the schedule for the JR local line that would get you back to Hiroshima station.
Jan 23rd, 2005, 01:00 PM
emd
Original Poster

no, I just couldn't recall the name of Miyajimaguchi (a mouthful) and i mistakenly called it terminal. I understand the process. Thanks again.
Jan 23rd, 2005, 01:00 PM

btw:

LET'S go STEElers
clap, clap, clap-clap-clap