Memorable Travel to Kolkata, West Bengal and Sikkim

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16th, 2023, 05:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Recently I returned from a 15 day private solo adventure organized by Trotting Soles (UK) to India. Ever since reading an excellent Trip Report posted by Kathie in 2010 (discovered and read years later!), it had been my desire to visit West Bengal (Darjeeling, Kalimpong) and Sikkim (Gangtok, Pelling) to be up close to the Himalayas and the mountain Kanchenjunga. Sunita, owner of Trotting Soles, designed a November itinerary (best month for viewing the Himalayas) starting in Kolkata before flying to Bagdpgra. She ensured that I safely explored the destination with an excellent guide and driver provided by her India team, and stayed at the Elgin heritage hotels in charming 'rooms with a view.' After a few days in the city of Darjeeling I moved to the Glenburn Tea Estate about 1.5 hours away in the hills. Wonderful stay! This was a great adventure, well planned and executed, and a very memorable experience for me. Of note, it was reassuring that Trotting Soles is a member of Travel Trust Association that guarantees full performance of the itinerary contracted by customers. If anyone has questions, please ask!

View from Pelling hotel

Last edited by Janetd5; Dec 16th, 2023 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Add a destination