Maylasia Port Sites

Search

Maylasia Port Sites

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2023, 11:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maylasia Port Sites

Going on a long cruise and stopping in the following ports. KL,Malacca and Langkawi. Only have a day in each. What what sites are not to be missed in all 3? TIA
Old Nov 22nd, 2023, 01:33 AM

To be frank, KL is short on tourist sights and a nightmare to get around. Maybe head for KLCCC Park and Petronas Towers. Better views from the bar in Traders Hotel. see our blog @ https://accidentalnomads.com/2014/11/13/kuala-lumpur/. Petaling Street in Chinatown or the Islamic Arts Museum

Malacca has wealth of ancient building right in the centre so you could probably find your way around yourselves though a tour may allow you to see more. The Baba Nyonya Museum is worth a look as are a few of the other museums whose names escape me. There is a nice river walk there . Above all , try to seek out a restaurant serving Nynonya food. The cuisine is wonderful but hard to find these days.

Langkawi is mostly known for its beaches. Kuah, the main town is no great shakes. It is probably the one place where and organised tour may be better, although it is always easy to hire a cab for the day. Mangrove tours are interesting.
Old Nov 22nd, 2023, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

We were going to go to the Batu Caves and it stopes for a photo shoot of the twin towers but it sounds like it may not have time to go up it. In Langkawi we were looking at the Mangrove Tour so that is good to know. Melacca we were just looking at a boat cruise. Thoughts

Thank you!
Old Nov 22nd, 2023, 09:36 AM

Batu Caves - I guess it depends on how much you like cave temples. It is nice enough but wouldn’t be top of my list. You can get views of teh twin towers from all over Kl but the best views are from Traders and a few other hotels or just wander around KLCCCpark.

Frankly the views from teh observation platform aren’t that impressive as it is only half ways up the towers. That may have changed but in any event the best views are from outside .

the Melaka boat trip and Langkawi mangrove tour sound great. In the case of the mangrove tour you may be able to incorporate it into an around island tour.
Old Nov 28th, 2023, 09:57 PM

I agree with your plans - the mangrove tour in Langkawi and boat cruise in Malacca sound like nice ways to see those places. For KL, I probably wouldn't bother going all the way up the Petronas Towers if you're short on time. Like I mentioned, the views from cafes and hotels around the area are already pretty good.

You'll probably have to choose between the Batu Caves and getting views of the twin towers - if you want photos with the towers in the background, a lookout point or cafe would be better than going all the way up. How long in total will you have in each port? That might help decide what's realistic.