Maldives - best, most luxurious resort?

Old Jul 12th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maldives - best, most luxurious resort?

In your opinion, what is the best resort in the Maldives these days? Top considerations for us are as follows:

1 - luxury
2 - service
3 - private overwater accomodations not too close together
4 - snorkeling directly off resort
5 - few children
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 02:15 AM

Hi
Check out Paradise Island Resort. It was fantastic in 2003 March- April.We had spent a week there and its large. We were on a Half board basis which is perhaps better coz we could try out all the 5- 6 restaurants (all diff. cuisine)for lunch and for dinner it was the normal (very good) buffet. Theres entertainment every evening .We really chilled out.The rooms on the beach were large. Don't know about the water ones.

I'm sure you'll enjoy Maldives wherever you stay.

Whizforty
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 04:17 AM
Original Poster

Anybody know anything about the two One and Only's or Soneva Gili or Soneva Fushi?

Everything sounds pretty nice. Tough to choose...
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 06:23 AM

A friend of mine stayed at the one and only resort in Maldives and she says it is the best, better even than the Banyan tree where she used to book herself.
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 06:35 AM

Hi Ericka-

I have been reading reviews of Soneva Fushi and Gili on Tripadvisor.com;both sound wonderful. Several times a year there are deals for both Soneva Gili and Fushi offered on luxurylink.com....the savings are really substantial, almost half the regular price, plus many extras. If I go to the Maldives in the next year, I will definitley be waiting to get a deal on luxurylink.

Two other super-lux Maldives properties offered on luxurylink are Huaven Fushi (a little to high tech for my taste) and Dohni Migli, where you get your own private dohni (yacht) in addition to a beach bungalow.

Weren't you planning on the 4Seasons Maldives + India? What are your plans?

Cruisinred
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 07:01 AM
Original Poster

What we booked a while back was Sri Lanka (Amangalla), the FS Maldives LG and the Island Explorer boat. But we just got back from a trip where we experienced a lot of motion sickness and the idea of the Island Explorer for 4 nights is suddenly less appealing. So, we're going to swap the boat time for a 2nd resort. At this point, we're leaning towards the two FS because I think the transfer would be easiest. The new O&O looks great, though!

I've been looking into the two Soneva's and the Huaven Fushi and Dohni Migli, too. They seem nice and small with privacy and could offer excellent service but I'm not sure the design of either one is appealing to me. I'll keep looking, though.

If we decide to go with the FS LG and the FS KH, we'll have to make sure to book units that offer more privacy. I know the KH property is pretty small and units have been crammed together.