Malaysian Air

Jan 6th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Malaysian Air

I flew first class (ff points)on this airline
from LA to Bangkok and it was a fabulous experience. The food and service was spectacular. The airline is redoing all their seats in first class to flat beds but even though I had the old seats I found them very comfortable and was able to sleep 6-8 hours. Result was virtually no jet lag.

I would highly recommend this airline. Once their new seats are in business class will also have flat beds I believe.
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:13 AM

Gloria, I'm glad you liked Malaysian Air. They are one of my favorite airlines.
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:34 AM
stjohnbound

Thanks Glorialf, I'm flying Malaysia Air in February first class to KL (using miles) so this is really good news.

Jan 6th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

You may actually have the new seats by then (I think they are doing the LAX route this month or Feb) but regardless I think I can guarantee a very positive experience.

And the lounge in KL is spectacular!
Jan 6th, 2005, 01:15 PM

We are also going LAX/KUL in first on Malaysian ... yes, using Delta miles ... I wonder if they actually SELL any of these seats?
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:08 PM
stjohnbound

I know what you mean NoFlyZone. I couldn't believe how easy it was to get the tickets through FF miles. Usually I have to plan ahead close to a year to get FF tickets. I just changed the dates of my trip by a few days and was still able to get seats! I wish using miles was always this easy.

Jan 7th, 2005, 04:44 PM

I've heard first class on MAS is wonderful. Sadly, I've never tried it as I always use economy. Nevertheless, I'm happy for the good reputation that our national airline gets.
Jan 7th, 2005, 08:20 PM

I have flown Malaysian airlines in economy many many times and it has always been a positive experience! Never had a major problem. I even look forward to the food on the plane because its pretty good for airplane food standards!
Jan 8th, 2005, 10:48 AM

I've always thought that Malaysian Air gets unfairly forgotten in the endless comparisons over which is the best Asian airline - Cathay, Thai or Singapore?

Cathay served cabbage to a cabin full of passengers on my last flight with them; Thai in flight entertainment is dated; and Singapore Airlines lost my reservation and downgraded me from Business to the back row of Economy on a jam packed 747 for a 12 hour flight.

Malaysian - have never been less than excellent.