Search

Malaria pill

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Malaria pill

Do I need to take medication against Malaria when visiting Delhi, golden triangle and Varanasi?
Old Aug 19th, 2005, 04:00 AM

Hi CMAO5,

Put in the key words: india malaria in the search box at the top of the page and you will get more information that you would ever imagine on health, immunizations and prevention in India. It has been covered 100 times and the information is great.

The short answer is "yes" you should take malaria prophyaxis. I'm going to India for three weeks at the end of the year and have used this forum exhaustively. You will find most of your answers if you search the prior messages. However, feel free to ask new ones, the fodorites are just great.

Patricia
Old Aug 19th, 2005, 07:02 AM

check out www.cdc.gov/travel for clear, reliable, complete info on travel medicine questions.
Old Aug 19th, 2005, 07:52 AM

Kathie is right. When it comes to malaria and other illness issues forums with non doctor participants is not the place to seek information. The best and most reliable place is the cdc website Kathie gave. If you search this forum you will read lots of opinions and personal experiences. But if I were you I would listen to the professionals -- not people like me -- when it comes to health.
Old Aug 19th, 2005, 08:03 AM

I agree that the CDC is an important place to go and this resource is consistantly mentioned in each post on Fodors forums which is why I said look at the previous messages.

I have a master's degree in nursing and have found the practical advice that non medical forum members give invaluable. I would again suggest that CMA05 review the forums for some really great tips in additiona to the CDC.