Luggage service in Osaka

Sep 28th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Original Poster

Luggage service in Osaka

We are travelling to Osaka where we will spend 4 days befroe boarding a cruise ship for 11 days and then 5 more days in Beijing.
We would like to have our luggage stored and delivered from the airport to the ship. We will just take carry on into Osaka.
Has anyone done this or have any idea of the costs involved. My travel agent said about $400 and that it could not be done due to security guidelines. I don't think she knows what she is talking about.

I would appreciate any info you can share

Thanks
Lee
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:26 PM

Someone asked this a while back and the cruise line informed them that their dock office would not accept luggage delivery.

So, while it is possible to send bags from the airport to your hotel for about 2000 yen per bag, arrival next day, it seems to be impossible to send bags to the dock, as there must be someone to accept the delivery.

You should definitely double check this directly with the cruise line...can the dock office in Osaka accept luggage. If they say yes, then you will need the address and telephone number, preferably in Japanese, to fill into the delivery form at the airport. It will no way not ever cost $400.00 dollars...unless you have 20 bags.
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:07 AM

If the dock-delivery cannot be arranged, an option is to temporarily store you luggage at the airport, with one of the airport's luggage delivery companies. These companies will usually store luggage for a fee. Of course, this means you would eventually have to return to the airport to get your luggage. Depending on how much luggage you have, it may be easier to just bring it to the hotel with you.

Sep 29th, 2005, 05:29 AM
emd

Check for posts by "cwn". I'm pretty sure she and her husband dealt w/this issue on their cruise into and out of Osaka last spring.
Sep 29th, 2005, 06:00 AM
emd

I found cwn's post. It is called "Takkyubin service near Osaka Cruise post?", she answered the question posed by a poster named Janman. She said there is no takkyubin lugage delivery service at the cruise port. So it appears you can't have it delivered from airport to cruise terminal according to her.
Sep 29th, 2005, 06:15 AM
emd

Cruise port, not post.